Gransnet forums

Webchats

Wedding In July ??

(9 Posts)
Peasblossom Thu 11-Mar-21 11:11:27

I’d go down the intimate wedding, big party later route too.
Two of my children had ceremonies where only the close family were present and it was lovely. So personal and stress free.

And the parties were great too. Very relaxed and everyone just there to celebrate.

You get to wear the dress twice too?

Nonogran Thu 11-Mar-21 10:00:39

Why not go ahead but make the day much much smaller and more intimate with those you love not compromised by travel plans or health risks? Then when life eases a bit and is back to normal, have a lovely big party?
My cousin who lives in America married last December over there. She kept it small as per the rules but those who could not attend were able to zoom in via live video link. It was fabulous & beautifully done. We felt just as if we were there with our champers & goodies watching from our sofa that Saturday night! Could you arrange something like that?
Take the pressure off yourself. Small, elegant & intimate would be lovely?
Have a happy day and best wishes.

Tinacharles212 Mon 27-Jul-20 13:55:09

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

lemongrove Mon 16-Mar-20 19:21:39

Disappointing for you, but postpone so that you can have a happy day in the future.
Your insurance will very likely have to pay out as large gatherings will be banned by then ( no doubt!)

Allsaints55 Mon 16-Mar-20 19:18:40

I’m going to wait a week and see what happens but looks like I feel I will have to postpone

Ellianne Mon 16-Mar-20 13:21:15

I guess for those who have booked package holidays from the end of May onwards, it's either a case of pull out now and lose the deposit or pay the balance and hope the insurance company pays up.
It's a difficult and emotional decision for you Allsaints. Everyone would understand if you were to postpone the event. Do you want to live on tenter hooks for the next few months only to find they ban gatherings over 20 or 50 people?

Jomarie Mon 16-Mar-20 12:58:28

So sorry for both of you and your situations - fortunately no major events for our family this year (apart from my upcoming 70th - which I am happy to cancel and stay 69 for another year!!) - truly feel for all those who have major celebrations planned - so difficult. sad

Sunlover Mon 16-Mar-20 12:54:41

Ahh I feel for you. We are in a similar position. My son is getting married in June in Corfu. 100 guests have booked flights and hotel. Much planning and also deposits paid. No idea what is going to happen. It’s a wait and see situation at the moment. Don’t want to pay out anymore money. Trying to stay positive but very hard. So sad.

Allsaints55 Mon 16-Mar-20 12:32:07

I’m getting married in July . My invitations are here ready to go out . But I’ve hesitated. A lot of deposits have been paid . About 100 guests . Some from America who now can not commit. Also some over 70 who can’t due to self isolation or don’t want to be in crowds. I’ve spent the last year planning , ordering , and paying deposits .
I don’t know what to do . Carry on regardless , cancel , postpone . I’m so upset and stressed at a time I would of been getting excited . I have insurance but they always dig their heels in ! I know that all that matters here is everybody’s health bottom line and events like this have been put into perspective but I still have to make a decision ? x