Gransnet forums

Writers' room

May it please you Lordship.

(16 Posts)
robomonk Wed 17-Jun-15 02:31:18

May it please your Lordship,
I would sally forth in your Kingdom upon England’s green pastures and submit a treatise that although many of your subjects may not be dutiful nor humble, that in spite of this they live and work towards what one hopes to be Christian aims. Yet, I believe in ignorance not malicious intent do some threaten and cajole your majesty and his rulership beyond a seemly, normal standard.
As the Magna Carta pledges one majesty I pray you witness the contract your people as a nation have in civility written and by law are bound to keep dutifully and which is endowed with Christian and Godly purpose. I submit they strive and work to live in peace the breaches of which if serious, known and arrested are brought before officers and legitimate courts for adjudication by your worship’s acknowledged peers.
Given this avowed and transparent pledge of the responsible elected constituents to work towards the aims and terms of the Constituted government of your kingdom which your Majesty is at liberty to freely observe, may we hope and pray that, my Lord, you deign to refrain from unleashing or permitting the God of War to be among the subjects as it is expected they will become wise.
May I, furthermore, remind your Lordship, that the bad and sinful ways of subjects with evil intent must come before the Almighty at judgement day and we humanity but God’s creatures wholly attest our incapacity to judge others, we being but penitent sinners at best.
In the light of Jesus Christ we live and hope and pray.
Your humble servant,
R.

Teetime Wed 17-Jun-15 08:53:18

confused

soontobe Wed 17-Jun-15 13:02:44

I like that.
I understood some of it.

Did you lift it from somewhere, or is it your own piece of work?

PRINTMISS Wed 17-Jun-15 14:49:14

Too many words for this day and age, I think you lose the value of them with so many.

Elegran Wed 17-Jun-15 14:53:21

I think soontobe is your only fan, and she likes it because she can't understand it.

Marelli Wed 17-Jun-15 15:09:46

Pretentious....moi? grin

soontobe Wed 17-Jun-15 15:31:13

No, I like it because I can understand some of it.

But dont go by me, anyone.
If I like a film, it is normally the death of it!

soontobe Wed 17-Jun-15 15:33:01

Hang on though.
Isn't poetry or words or whatever supposed to be enjoyment for the writer as well as the reader?
So it might not matter at all if readers dont like it?

rosesarered Wed 17-Jun-15 15:53:52

What a load of old tosh.

AshTree Wed 17-Jun-15 15:58:23

I think this writer is enjoying his words a good deal more than the reader, soon.

Roses I couldn't have put it better myself grin

Elegran Wed 17-Jun-15 16:08:23

If there is such a thing as verbal masturbation . . .

Iam64 Wed 17-Jun-15 18:44:46

Elegant ��

Iam64 Wed 17-Jun-15 18:50:24

Sorry elegran I have a new iPad. It alters words independently, or that's my excuse for posting your name incorrectly. I love your literary review ( smile)

trisher Wed 17-Jun-15 21:59:42

Maybe that's why the punctuation is sadly lacking?

Ana Wed 17-Jun-15 22:06:33

And why the thread title doesn't match the first line of the OP...hmm

Soutra Wed 17-Jun-15 22:45:02

Or just carelessness. . . .