What's next? - Brexit
Collections - clutter
Food ideas - 5:2 diet
Spanakopita recipe from Yoginain
Ingredients450g (1lb) leeks (washed and thinly sliced)
6 tbsp olive oil
900g (2lb) fresh spinach (washed and trimmed) or use 450g/ 1lb frozen spinach
225g (8oz) vegetarian feta cheese
3 large free-range eggs (beaten)
150ml (1/4 pint) dairy or soya milk
1 tbsp dill (freshly chopped)
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
8 spring onions (sliced)
115g (4oz) pine nuts (toasted)
225g (8oz) filo pastry
Method1. Sauté the leeks in 2 tablespoons of olive oil until they soften in a large frying pan. In a large saucepan, wilt spinach over a high heat, drain thoroughly in a colander and squeeze out extra water.
2. Using a large bowl, mash together witha fork the feta, then add beaten eggs, milk, dill and nutmeg and season well with salt and pepper.
3. Fold the spinach, leeks, spring onions and pine nuts into the mixture.
4. Grease a 23cm /9in square baking dish and line with 1/2 the pastry, (lay pastry sheets down one at a time brushing each sheet wilth olive oil).
5. Spread the mixture evenly over the pastry base.
6. Lastly, cover the mixture with the remaining pastry sheets, brushing each one well with the olive oil. Ensure the last sheet is well covered.
7. Bake for 40 - 45 mins, at 190C/ 375F or gas mark 5.
8. Until the pie is golden and crisp.
9. When cool enough , cut into squares.