He wants to be in control - daughter's labour
I'm being annoying - grandchild
He's a sociopath - daughter's partner
Lemon meringue pie recipe from SeasonofJoy
IngredientsFor the base:
285g (10oz) plain flour
140g (5oz) margarine
For the filling:
40g (1 1/2 oz) butter or margarine
70g (2 1/2 oz) caster sugar
3 egg yolks
30g (1oz) cornflour
120ml (1/4 pint) water
120ml (1/4 pint) milk
For the meringue:
3 egg whites
115g (4oz) caster sugar
Handy HintPastry can be prepared in advance and left wrapped in clingfilm in the fridge until needed. Egg whites are best used at room temperature for the meringue. For a lighter lemon taste use one lemon instead of two.
Method1. Make pastry and line 11 x 7 shallow ovenware dish. Bake for approx 20 mins until light golden.Leave to cool.
2. Grate rind of lemons into a pan with 1/4 pint of water, butter, sugar and juice of lemons, heat gently and stir until sugar has dissolved.
3. Blend a little of the milk with cornflour, adding remainder of the milk and stir into pan mixture. Reheat, stirring all the time until sauce thickens.
4. Allow to cool slightly before adding beaten egg yolks to pan mixture.
5. Pour into the pastry case and leave to cool.
6. Whisk up the remaining egg whites, adding caster sugar slowly until the meringue mix stands in firm peaks. Spread over the lemon filling.
7. Place on middle shelf of preheated oven 180 C/ 350 F/ Mark 4 Gas for approx 20 mins or until meringue is firm and golden. Serve hot or cold.