Grilled courgettes with lemon, yoghurt and pine nuts recipe from suzieq
Ingredients4 large courgettes, sliced lengthways about 1/2cm thick
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and black pepper
350ml Greek yoghurt
juice of half a lemon
1 clove garlic, crushed
fresh mint or basil to garnish (optional)
1 tablespoon pine nuts or pistachios, lightly toasted
Handy HintYou can use low fat yoghurt, in which case use it as a dressing rather than layering it because it can get very runny. The courgettes can also be sprinkled with a little cumin powder before cooking.
Method1. Heat the grill or griddle
2. Brush the courgettes with oil on both sides and add a little salt
If using a grill, lay them on a baking sheet lined with foil and
grill. If using a griddle, place directly onto it.
3. Cook until lightly browned or charred on both sides
4. Mix the yoghurt, lemon juice and garlic
5. Allow the courgettes to cool, then layer in a dish with the
6. Garnish with one of the herbs and nuts.
Improves with standing for a few minutes