Thai chicken curry recipe (sin free!) from Nagyi
Ingredients4 chicken breast fillets
3 garlic cloves (crushed)
1 red chilli (de-seeded and chopped)
2.5 cm ginger (peeled and grated)
4 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp caster sugar
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
½ tsp coconut flavouring
2 tbsp cornflour
280ml semi skimmed milk
225 gr fromage frais – fat free
Handy HintThis is very low fat. For an even lower calorie version, use an equal volume (not weight) of Splenda instead of the sugar. Coconut flavouring is available from Jane Asher Party Cakes & Sugarcraft
Method1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan).
2. Put garlic cloves in food processor. Add the chilli, ginger, zest and juice of the lime, soy sauce, sugar, coriander leaves and the coconut flavouring. Blend for a few seconds to a coarse paste.
3. Put the cornflour in a bowl with 2 tablespoonfuls of the milk and combine to form a smooth paste. Add the remaining milk and the fromage frais, then stir until smooth.
4. Add this mixture to the food processor and blend for a further few seconds to combine.
5. Cut the chicken into 2½ cm cubes and put in a flameproof dish. Pour over the sauce and stir well to coat the chicken pieces. Cover and cook in the oven for 35 – 45 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
6. Stir once after cooking and serve with rice.