Gluten-free and veggie butternut squash lasagna recipe from suewilly
Ingredients4 gluten-free lasagna sheets (note - Tesco and Sainsbury's 'free from' range is also egg free)
1 large onion
1 small butternut squash
250ml pot of Alpro Soya single cream
200ml tub of soft cheese
Salt and black pepper to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp of chopped basil
100g grated cheese
Handy HintTip - Try not to let the lasagna sheets stick to each other while soaking as they can be difficult to separate. I use lacto free soft cheese and lacto free cheese for the topping but this is because my daughter is lactose intolerant. If you have no problems with lactose then 'normal' soft and hard cheese would be fine.
Method1. Soak the lasagna sheets in boiling water to soften them.
2. Chop the mushrooms, onion and butternut squash into cubes. Fry these in the olive oil for approx 10 mins. Add salt and pepper to taste and add the chopped basil.
3. Meanwhile in a mixing bowl mix the tub of soft cheese with the pot of soya cream to make a very quick and easy thick white sauce. (No need to heat or cook the sauce at this stage.)
4. Pour the passata into the vegetable mix and stir well.
5. Lay one lasagna sheet in a loaf tin and cover with a layer of the white 'sauce' using approx 1/4 of the sauce.
6. Add a layer of the passata covered vegetables using approx 1/3 of the vegetables.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 twice more.
8. Add a final lasagna sheet and cover with the remaining 1/4 of the white sauce.
9. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
10. Cook in a hot oven 190C (approx Gas Mark 5) for 30 mins.