Acceptable? - husband
Not proud - DIL behaviour
Comeback? - housework
Cream scones recipe from jane50
Ingredients200g self-raising flour
1/4 tsp salt
50g caster sugar
200-250 ml double cream
Method1. Pre heat oven to 200C/425F / Gas Mark 7
2. Sift together flour and salt and stir in sugar.
3. Using a fork, stir in 200ml cream until the mixture clumps together in even-sized lumps. If the mixture is too dry, stir in remaining cream and mix thoroughly.
4. Turn dough on to a floured surface and knead four or five times.
5. Roll mix out to 2cm thick, cut into 5cm circles with a floured cutter & put on a lightly floured baking tray.
6. Knead any offcuts gently back together and repeat rolling/cutting.
7. Bake for 6 – 8 minutes until well risen and browned and cool on a wire tray.
8. Serve just with butter or with jam and clotted cream. Delicious!
Please login first.