Husband - so lazy
Step-step kids - how to treat them
Gifts for friends - yes or no?
Squash pots recipe from Earthynanna
Ingredients2 small squashes
150g green lentils or Puy lentils
1 onion (chopped)
1/2 leek (chopped)
100g mushrooms (chopped small)
1 carrot (chopped small)
Sage and thyme
Salt and pepper
Method1. Pre heat oven to 180C
2. Cover lentils with cold water and bring to the boil. Cook until they are fairly soft. (around 20 mins) You might need to add water as lentils absorb quickly
3. Cut a lid from each of the squashes and scoop out the seeds
4. Scrumple piece of tin foil or parchment and put inside squashes to prevent sides collapsing
5. Place squashes on greased baking tray in oven for 20 mins
6. Heat a glug of oil, add onions, leeks, mushrooms, carrots and herbs and sweat until onions are transparent, stirring all the time.
7. Add cooked lentils, 1 tsp bouillon powder, 1 tsp mustard, seasoning to taste. Add water if necessary (you want a moist mixture but not soup-like)
8. Remove foil/parchment from squashes and use the lentil mixture to fill them up. Place back in oven, adding lids onto baking tray, cook for 25 mins. Heat any remain lentil mix alongside in ovenproof dish
Serve with celeriac and potato mash, swede and carrot mash and buttered cabbage and the extra lentil mix as gravy
Please login first.