Silent treatment - son
Caught in the act - neighbours
How to say it - 'no'
Chicken tetrazzini recipe from muswellblue
Ingredients700g (1lb 8oz) cooked chicken (cut into strips)
75g (3oz) butter plus a little extra
50g (2oz) plain flour
1 ½ pints good chicken stock
274ml (10fl oz) double cream
225g (8oz) button mushrooms (sliced)
3 tbsp dry sherry
Juice of half a lemon
225g (8oz) small macaroni or spaghetti cut in similar sized pieces
100g pack flaked almonds (untoasted)
4-5 sage leaves
50g (2oz) freshly grated parmesan
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
Handy HintServe with green salad
Method1. Make a sauce with the melted butter, flour and chicken stock. Simmer slowly for 10 minutes.
2. Turn down heat and add cream, salt & pepper. Simmer for 5 mins then add nutmeg
3. Cook pasta until soft in a pan of boiling salted water.
4. Fry mushrooms in a little butter and pour in sherry & lemon juice. Cook together for 5 minutes.
5. Drain pasta well and stir into cream sauce. Add chicken pieces and mushroom mixture
6. Pour chicken mixture into base of dish.
7. Mix together flaked almonds, parmesan and finely chopped sage leaves and strew evenly over surface of chicken mixture.
8. Dot with butter and bake 30 minutes at 375F/ Gas 5/180C.