Silent treatment - son
Caught in the act - neighbours
How to say it - 'no'
Chicken with peaches recipe from Seren
Ingredients55g (2oz) butter
1 tbsp oil
4 chicken portions (or up to 900g diced chicken)
2 onions (peeled and chopped)
1 clove garlic
28g (1oz) flour
1 tbsp curry powder
½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
½ pint chicken stock
1 tbsp mango chutney
2 fresh peaches (sliced)
½ lemon (juiced)
Handy HintUse canned peach slices
Method1. Heat butter and oil in large pan, add chicken and fry lightly. Remove and reserve.
2. Add onions and garlic to pan and fry until tender.
3. Sprinkle in flour, curry, ginger and cinnamon and cook for 1 minute. stirring constantly.
4. Gradually stir in stock and bring to boil, stirring. When sauce has thickened, season with salt and add chutney.
5. Return chicken to sauce, cover pan, reduce heat and simmer gently for 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
6. Add peaches and lemon juice.