Adult sons - Less caring?
Short-term buys - the ideal solution?
"I'm at a loss" - clearing out
Spiced cutlets recipe from reenu
Ingredients4 tbsp oil
5-6 potatoes (boiled and mashed)
1 cup green peas
1 cup, carrots
2.5cm piece ginger (finely chopped)
1 medium onion (finely chopped)
10 cashew nuts (crushed)
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves (chopped)
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp plain flour
1 cup bread crumbs
Salt to taste
Method1. Wash, peel and grate the carrots.
2. Boil grated carrots with peas . Drain and keep aside.
3. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a non-stick frying pan, add cumin seeds, ginger and onion and saute for 2mins.
4. Add paprika, and turmeric powder and saute for 1 more minute.
5. Add boiled carrot and peas, and mix in salt then saute for 2 min.
6. Add crushed cashew nuts and plain flour and mix it properly.
7. Saute for 2 more mins. Keep aside and let it cool a bit.
8. Take mashed potatoes in a deep bowl, add sauteed mixture and mix well.
9. Add coriander leaves and adjust salt. Add lemon juice and mix.
10. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a non stick frying pan for shallow frying.
11. Take a lime sized ball of mixture, shape it into a heart ( or a ball) and roll into bread crumbs.
12. Press it lightly and place the cutlet into pan.
13. Shallow fry it till both sides are evenly golden.
14. Drain and place on an absorbent paper.
15. Repeat the same procedure for the rest of cutlets
Please login first.