MILs vs DILs - a battlefield?
Over 70s - driving tests
Baby wipes - AIBU?
Mac and four cheese recipe from akas
1-2 tbsp olive oil
60g cubed pancetta
1 small onion (chopped)
150g ball mozzarella cheese
1 bunch small ripe cherry tomatoes
Salt and black pepper
For the four cheese sauce:
2 (227ml) pots double cream
50g grated Parmesan cheese
50g grated mozzarella cheese
50g grated Provolone cheese
50g grated Pecorino cheese
Handy HintYou can replace the four cheese sauce with two tubs of 3 or 4 cheese sauce, about 300g
Method1. Pre-heat the oven to 190C/gas mark 5/375F.
2. Cut tomatoes in half. Cut 150g Mozzarella ball into small cubes. Grate the cheese for the 4 cheese sauce.
3. Bring a large saucepan with 4 pints (2.25 litres) of water to the boil, add half a teaspoon of low-salt, add the macaroni and let it boil for exactly 6 minutes
4. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan, then add crushed garlic, chopped onion and the pancetta and cook for about 4 minutes on high heat.
5. Meanwhile in a medium saucepan make the four cheese sauce by combining the butter and cream. Simmer over a medium heat, stirring often until butter melts. Gradually stir in the grated 50 g each of Parmesan, mozzarella, Provolone, Pecorino. Reduce heat to low and continue to stir until all cheese has melted.
6. As soon as the pasta’s ready, not fully cooked, drain the water through a colander and put back into the saucepan. Add the contents of the frying pan, the cubes of mozzarella and the cheese sauce. Top with salt and pepper and stir.
7. Transfer to a large gratin dish and top with the tomato halves. Drizzle a little olive oil on the tomatoes and put on a high shelf of the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes. Check the cheese is golden brown and the tomatoes cooked through.
8. Sprinkle the surface with the Parmesan, snip the bunch of tomatoes in half and place them on top.
Please login first.