Party chicken and rice recipe from nanaej
IngredientsWhole chicken or 4 chicken joints (leg & thigh)
4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp pine nuts
1 tbsp almonds
Large pot of plain yogurt
Ring Mould or similar
Method1. Cut the chicken into quarters and put into a large pan. cover with water, add 3 tsp of the cinnamon. Bring to the boil and simmer for one hour or until meat is tender and falling off the bone.
2. Remove cooked chicken, cover to keep warm and retain the stock in the pan. It is OK to leave any small pieces of chicken in the stock.
3. Bring the stock to the boil and add the rice, salt and last tsp of cinnamon and simmer until rice is cooked. Add extra water to cook rice if required.
4. As rice is cooking gently heat a tsp of good quality olive oil in a fry pan and fry the pine nuts and almonds. Watch carefully so they do not burn!
5. Oil the mould, put the fried nuts in the base. When the rice is cooked put into the mould and turn out onto a large tray or plate.
6. Fill the centre of the rice ring with the cooked chicken pieces or place around edge. Serve with yogurt and salads for a great party buffet!