Silent treatment - son
Caught in the act - neighbours
How to say it - 'no'
Chicken capsicum curry recipe from butterfly2927
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp chilli flakes
4 garlic cloves
1 tsp ground ginger
2 green peppers
1 red pepper
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1/2 tsp sugar
3 chicken breast (chopped into 2cm cubes)
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp chilli poder
1 tsp curry powder (can skip if you have the 3 previous ingredients!)
1 tbsp tomato puree
Handy HintReduce chilli flakes and chilli powder if you're not fond of the heat! If you prefer a pepper-less curry, just leave the capsicums out for a traditional chicken curry!
Method1. Heat oil in a deep frying pan (med-high heat)
2. Blitz onion, garlic and ginger with a little water to form a paste.
3. Add cumin, cinnamon and chilli flakes to oil, until aroma is released.
4. Add paste to pan. Once majority of moisture has evaporated, add chopped peppers
5. Add sugar to help caramelise
6. Marinate chicken in turmeric, chilli powder, garam masala, curry powder
7. Once peppers lose their rawness, add the chicken (you may need to switch pans into a deep sauce pan/casserole pan if it's too much) Let it seal to lock in the juices, then add the chicken stock and tomato puree to thicken
8. Reduce heat and cook for one hour
Serve with garlic naan or basmati rice, or both!