Cranberry and almond winter tart recipe from angiehoggett
IngredientsFor the Pastry:
12 oz plain flour
6 oz butter
a pinch of salt
Cold water, to mix
For the Bakewell Tart:
6 oz unsalted butter, softened
6 oz caster sugar
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 oz self raising flour
6 oz ground almonds
3-4 drops almond essence
3 tablespoons raspberry jam
3 tablespoons cranberry sauce
12 oz fresh cranberries
2 oz sliced almonds
Icing sugar, for dusting
MethodFor the Pastry:
1. Sieve the flour into a large bowl and mix in the salt.
2. Cut the butter into the flour, and then with your fingertips, rub the fat into the flour, until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Add cold water gradually, until the pastry comes together and is not sticky.
4. Roll the pastry out and line a 10" to 11" greased and lined round, deep flan tin.
5. Place a circle of baking parchment on top of the pastry and fill with baking beans.
6. Bake blind in a pre-heated oven 200C/400F/Gas mark 6 for 10 minutes.
7. Take out and carefully remove the baking beans and parchment.
8. Return to the oven for a further 5 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
For the Bakewell Topping:
1. Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
2. Gradually add the beaten eggs and then fold in the flour and ground almonds.
3. Add a few drops of almond essence and mix well.
4. Mix the raspberry jam and cranberry sauce together and spread over the base of the pastry case.
5. Spoon the almond mixture over the top, making sure it reaches the edges and it is even and smooth.