Bacon and lentils with tomato recipe from lemonbuns
IngredientsLean bacon - 6 rashers
Handful of cherry tomatoes
1 large onion
2 cans cooked green lentils
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Few cubes of feta cheese
Crusty bread to serve
Method1. Chop the onion into small pieces
2. Place the bacon under the grill-keep checking it and remove when crispy-you can start step 3 whilst waiting for bacon to cook
3. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
4. Add the chopped onion and stir for 5 minutes, until golden.
5. Cut the cooked bacon into strips. Add half the cooked bacon to the pan and fry for a further 1 minute.
6. Add the lentils and stir through until lentils are warmed through.
7. Stir in the balsamic vinegar and the rest of the cooked bacon.
8. Serve with the feta cheese sprinked on top and with warm crusty bread