Gransnet forums

AIBU

Going topless in the street

(82 Posts)
MrsNutella Mon 16-May-16 13:10:10

Yesterday was a lovely day so we went for a stroll locally. While we were walking we were passed by a jogger, a man, probably 40s or 50s. He was wearing trainers and full length jogging bottoms - and nothing else. AIBU to think that this is wrong? He was running/jogging down a main road in a residential area and it wasn't that hot. What's wrong with a vest or running top or t shirt? On a beach, no issue of course, but this was the high street and it was hardly sweltering. It just looked odd and not right

Alea Wed 01-Jun-16 10:30:07

Well you wouldn't be doing it here today! Danger of bits (I typed that *very carefully*) being frozen off!

Marmark1 Wed 01-Jun-16 09:09:09

POGS,we've had lovely weather down here,so there's an awful lot of flesh being shown,(and I do mean AWFUL)

matt2matt2002 Tue 31-May-16 20:37:59

I shot an elephant in my pyjamas once.
What it was doing there , I don't know.
Maybe I should have shot it twice.
Sorry, for some reason this post made me think of that joke.
Strange attire etc.

Lisalou Mon 23-May-16 21:41:15

Aw, it was about a half naked man - here i was envisioning a lady with boobs flapping wildly -- admittedly, there was no scythe in my vision! grin

POGS Fri 20-May-16 10:44:28

Marmark Tuesday 21.35. grin

I don't particularly have a problem with anybody going topless (not in shops though) but there are times when you see someone that makes you think 'Ye Gods mate I wouldn't put on that show'.

GandTea Thu 19-May-16 22:44:13

Grummpa, I suspect we are off women with hairy backs as well.

grumppa Thu 19-May-16 22:13:52

Unfair to men with hairy backs! Though I would only go topless on the beach.

Linsco56 Thu 19-May-16 21:38:00

If they don't have hairy backs, then I'm OK with topless male joggers...providing none of their bodily fluids splash on me as they run past!

Nelliemoser Thu 19-May-16 21:37:26

Not a pretty sight in the street nor in any shop or eating place. On a beach OK.

Stansgran Thu 19-May-16 20:43:21

On the plane the other day I read that men must have a top on on board . I suppose that travelling back from hot countries they might go from beach to plane without getting dressed.

GrandmaMoira Thu 19-May-16 16:37:09

On a bus last week I saw a young woman with a loose top with just crossed straps at the back and nothing at the sides. It was designed to wear with a crop top or something else underneath but she had nothing and one boob was completely hanging out. She was young and attractive but I don't think women should walk about with their boobs hanging out in town.

Legs55 Thu 19-May-16 13:32:04

I had a neighbour where I used to live who would be in his garden in full view of anyone passing who wore a floppy hat & shorts when it was sunny!!!! not a pretty sight - just wish men would at least wear a t-shirt. also don't like to see pregnant women with their belly showing - yes we know you've done something wonderful & are going to produce a new life but please cover up

Judthepud2 Thu 19-May-16 02:31:52

If every man looked like Aiden Turner, with or without scythe, they could go topless wherever they wanted as far as I'm concerned......but often they don't!! ?

vampirequeen Wed 18-May-16 19:42:37

I often do housework or use the treadmill in the buff. I love the freedom of letting my floppy bits (of which I have a lot) hang loose. I hate clothes and only wear them out of necessity. I don't want to die of cold or get arrested.

GandTea Wed 18-May-16 11:03:07

Wish i could let my wobbly bits loose - I would be very happy for them to escape back to the wild.

trisher Wed 18-May-16 10:31:13

Love this thread! grin
rubylady are you letting standards slip?
There's always that quote of course- I don't mind what they do as long as they don't do it in the road and frighten the horses. (was it Q. Vic? Can't remember!)

rubylady Wed 18-May-16 05:49:00

I went topless in the garden the other day! I had cut my hair and some was round my neck etc and my t shirt so I went into the garden, which is not overlooked and stripped off and brushed down. I hadn't put my bra on by that time so all was let loose for a minute! grin

Marmark1 Tue 17-May-16 21:35:34

Yes,they let it all hang out,what a bleddy sight when you em got yer gun.As me dear old mother used to say.

sluttygran Tue 17-May-16 21:24:41

If it's tight and fit
Let's have a look at it.
If it flips and flaps
Keep it under wraps!
grin

NotTooOld Tue 17-May-16 21:08:10

In this country I don't think we need worry too much about the odd bit of nudity, with or without a scythe. The weather will soon put a stop to it. grin

labazs Tue 17-May-16 19:57:46

i dont like it i find it awful in shops and cafes

Victoria08 Tue 17-May-16 19:52:03

It seems to me that as soon as the sun comes out, both men and women see it as an excuse to strip,of.

Women are just as bad.

Today, I wore boots and a lightweight Mac, the weather didn't seem overly hot and I felt quite comfortable. Wasn't out for long anyway.

Couldn't help noticing that everyone was wearing sandals and looked summery.
Sometimes, I am at a loss as to what to wear for the best.

When the weather feels cool to me, others seem to bare all when we have a glimpse of the sun.
Must be getting old and grumpy.

sluttygran Tue 17-May-16 19:00:47

My ex-husband used to parade around with a bare chest every time he got the chance. He thought he had a lovely body, but the way he strutted used to make him look ridiculous. I was always so embarrassed by his behaviour - if I see anyone showing off in a similar manner it still makes me cringe thirty years on! hmm

hulahoop Tue 17-May-16 18:40:06

Don't like bare chests in shops especially sweaty ones there is a time and place

baubles Tue 17-May-16 18:16:21

Scottish weather forecast. grin