Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Heated Cushion recommendation, please?

(4 Posts)
Agnieszka Fri 15-Mar-24 03:33:39

Hello to you all.
I wonder if anyone could recommend a good brand of Heated Cushions?
My husband suffers badly with Raynauds Disease, and is always cold.... even in our well heated Lounge!!!!
He would not be able to tolerate the weight of a Heated Throw, but I am sure he would appreciate the comfort of a Heated Cushion, while watching his TV programmes.
Could you please guide me towards the best ones for sale?
Thank you so much.
Agnieszka. x

Doodledog Fri 15-Mar-24 04:27:47

Heated throws aren’t heavy - at least mine isn’t. Have you looked at a good range of them? Lakeland is as good a place as any to start.

I’ve only seen one brand of heated cushions (Stoov) and they are quite expensive - the ones I saw were around £100 each, and you might want to buy covers to match existing cushions on top of that. Admittedly they were advertised on Facebook, and it’s usually possible to shop around for much better prices than on there.

Whiff Fri 15-Mar-24 06:01:10

I have a electric heated 12x24" pad from Amazon. It's light weight and flexible to wrap round any area that needs extra warmth. . It has 4 setting timer up to 2 hours and 6 heat settings. I usually have it on my back but if my leg ,arm or neck hurts it wraps to the right shape.

BlueBelle Fri 15-Mar-24 06:04:46

My heated throw is very light no heavier than a normal throw
Have you tried a heated gillet ?