Gransnet forums

Books/book club

what the ladybird heard.

(11 Posts)
matson Tue 06-Oct-15 13:30:02

Thank you so much for this beautiful book by, Julia Donaldson, lovely story and illustrations, my granddaughter will love it.

GrannyGlyn Tue 06-Oct-15 13:47:29

Mine just arrived too
Thank you so much.
My grandchildren will love it, they are big fans of Julia's books.

loopylou Tue 06-Oct-15 13:55:09

I'm absolutely delighted! Thank you so much, a lovely and very welcome surprise this morning.

I will be reading it to my DGS this weekend.

kittylester Tue 06-Oct-15 14:05:42

Thank you from me too! I'm keeping it here so I can read it to all 4 DGDs when they stay and I know they will all love it! sunshine

eGJ Tue 06-Oct-15 14:34:24

Just posted on the Competitions page; now found the right page! Have read it three times to GD. We saw Julia Donaldson launch the first What the Ladybird Heard book at the Cheltenham Literary Festival five years ago with GS1 & GS2, so am pleased GD has the chance to have her own book. No doubt the others will enjoy it when back from school. smile smile Thank you Gransnet

Maggiemaybe Tue 06-Oct-15 15:25:49

Thank you for my copy too. I'll be taking it over to DGS2's house tomorrow to see if he likes it as much as I do! smile

Greenfinch Wed 07-Oct-15 07:10:01

Thanks for my copy too.All my grandchildren love the Julia Donaldson books. This will go to the second youngest who has just had a brother of whom she is just a little bit jealous.

dartmoordogsbody Wed 07-Oct-15 08:35:42

Thank you Macmillan for the enchanting What the Ladybird Heard Next. It is a worthy successor to the delightful collection of Julia Donaldson's story books. How fortunate she is to be able to give so much pleasure to so many people — especially small ones!

DGS and I will enjoy many giggles with what I am confident will become another favourite.

NfkDumpling Wed 07-Oct-15 10:43:34

Thank you! It's a lovely book. Now waiting for a DGS to come round to see it. I should give it to him, but I think I'll hang on to it and share it for a while.

gillybob Wed 07-Oct-15 12:30:49

Mine arrived last night. Thank you HQ. What a lovely colourful book it is too. Can't wait for DGC to see it on Saturday and look forward to youngest grandaughter reading it as "our" bedtime story. For a 7 year old she is a fantastic "free" reader and really gets into the expression, something that her 9 year old sister (also a great reader) struggles with.

Grandmaowl Tue 13-Oct-15 15:17:07

Thank you for this lovely book. Only received it on Saturday 10th. Easy to read and beautiful illustrations. Kept my grandaughter amused for ages as we re-read it and then she had a turn at reading.