Gransnet forums

Care & carers

Home care London advice needed

(7 Posts)
LondonDaughter Wed 15-Nov-23 17:41:40

Hi - I'm looking for recommendations for home care in NW London / Harrow area. Have you had a good experience with an agency ? This is for general daily visits for meals, companionship and general check ins. Looking for continuity of care, kindness and reliability for elderly parent with dementia living at home.

welbeck Wed 15-Nov-23 19:15:01

don't know specifically in that location, but have you tried blue bird, they generally have a good reputation.

CountessFosco Wed 15-Nov-23 19:37:12

sending PM

Charleygirl5 Wed 15-Nov-23 22:24:18

I live in that area and a friend of mine close by, uses an agency but the girls fly in and out, and each visit is timed. She normally has a visit x2 a day, but the last one did not know how to change bedding. My friend is blind so she has to rely on the helper to give her the correct drugs and at times that can be hit and miss.

I think what she gets is very expensive and they do not have time to chat.

Have you been in touch with Age UK in this area and they may be able to help.

OldFrill Thu 16-Nov-23 00:21:55

Although they mainly offer live in care, l believe The Good Care Group offer domiciliary visits in parts of London.
I would definitely recommend them for live in and imagine their domiciliary standards are very high. They are based in London though operate nationally.

welbeck Thu 16-Nov-23 09:50:55

OP, have sent you a private message.
good luck.

lisakitty Fri 24-Nov-23 08:49:11

I 2nd the good care group. My grandad died last year and was caring for my nan who's in the early stages of dementia so we needed to get her care. the good care group have been amazing, this is their website: www.thegoodcaregroup.com/