Gransnet forums

Chat

Lil's Bar

(1001 Posts)
Bags Mon 16-Jul-12 20:24:34

I've been asked to pass on a message by soop:

"Nel will be waiting at Lil's Bar tomorrow. I'll get there 2-ish."

soop can't tell you this herself, though she would like to. I'm the go-between smile

Pete Fri 28-Sep-12 23:46:01

My Bar..My Rules (when Lils busy)! Whats your pleasure Ana ? wink

Ana Fri 28-Sep-12 23:21:03

And what's more, you never call a Scottish person 'scotch'! It's a good job certain GN members don't frequent *Lil's Bar' - they'd have your guts for garters, Pete! hmm

Pete Fri 28-Sep-12 23:15:15

Hi gramps Forget West Ham...they're like your dreams ...they fade...
Fancy a large scotch? (No not Soop) Sorry! soop is a petite laydee grin

gramps Fri 28-Sep-12 22:51:18

You think I have "umbrella" coverage Ana?
Te bloke wot took our electrocution class was a bright spark, but reFUSED to say whether he was AC or DC! I think he had, wot we call a termnal condition. anyway, he switched to another line and got wired for sound! grin

Ana Fri 28-Sep-12 22:38:52

gramps, even...wink

Ana Fri 28-Sep-12 22:38:19

I see the electocution lessons have gone down the pan, then, gamps! grin

gramps Fri 28-Sep-12 22:36:07

That's it Nell, give'im 'ell! (in the nicest possible way of course!!)

Ahm fer ever blowin' bubbles, lah dah,dah dee dee, they fly so high,nearly reach the sky, lah lah dee lah dah etc, etc!

All join in the second chorus! (the're all bloody loonie, I tells yer!!)

Ahem, er, er, as I was saying - er, pssst Pete, What was I saying?? confused

Littlenellie Fri 28-Sep-12 18:04:33

There is no answer that will be acceptable here grin so will refrain ..
Am a rowdy cockney ...grin

soop Fri 28-Sep-12 17:14:41

Pete nellie's bubbles are rainbow-hued and fragrant. grin

Pete Fri 28-Sep-12 15:58:49

Lil have a word with them rowdy Cockneys....nellies blowing bubbles now...no shame...grin grin

soop Fri 28-Sep-12 14:22:59

Yeah! C'mon...grin

Littlenellie Fri 28-Sep-12 07:57:39

gramps mum used to work with sir Bobby Moore's aunt.
I was born in Romford,grew up in Barking,knew that area well,haven't been back for years as no family left there...up the 'Ammers,c'mon u Irons grinxx

gramps Thu 27-Sep-12 22:54:07

Nelie, our family are Hammer fans.My lovely missus comong from East Ham, and Trevor Brooking being a distant relation to her!

UP the Hammers!!!

soop Thu 27-Sep-12 14:29:05

I've said it far too many times...but so what. Nellie You are one amazing woman. flowers

Littlenellie Thu 27-Sep-12 13:45:45

Yes I Agree with you ana poor little mite is going to have a comfort dinner tonight cuddles and an early night....we are pretty bleary also,we are still doing the 20mile 4.am round trip for my son after taking him for 10 pm so pretty shatteredxx

Ana Thu 27-Sep-12 13:39:08

That's a bit unfair, don't you think, nellie? They get them back to the school at 2 a.m. then expect them to be up bright and early! hmm

Littlenellie Thu 27-Sep-12 13:34:20

pete she thoroughly enjoyed it am totally surprised she loved the atmosphere,don't know why they picked Man U as we are in Norfolk thought Norwich was more appropriate,but they have a new head teacher after going to academy status,and she supports Man U they are going to Alton Towers next month,...well those that managed it to school apparently those who didn't were on a detention and not allowed on next trip....Am a hammers fan used to work opposite their home ground.

Pete Thu 27-Sep-12 12:36:55

Now thats what I call a School trip!!!! Up the Reds grin

Littlenellie Thu 27-Sep-12 02:26:03

In his case gramps it was more trying to get away from a snot shower,he was a right clodhopper it was more disco dancing......disco here with one foot,disco there with the other ....drinks very welcome thank you have been to pick little one up from a school trip to see Man united play v Newcastle they arrived back at the school at 02.00 going to be a bleary Nellie in the morning she still has school [yawn emoticon] zzzzzzz night all Jeni's crescent moonxxxx

gramps Wed 26-Sep-12 23:23:36

Lil, Did you mean country dancing, or country "dancing"? If you know what I mean?!!
Allow me to buy you a drink? (or three!!) wine wine flowers sunshine xx

Pete Wed 26-Sep-12 22:32:51

Pernod and lemonade please Lil....

Littlenellie Wed 26-Sep-12 21:24:25

I knew an abandoned squirt called Charlie once,he had a pronounced squint and a snotty nose and I got lumbered with him for country dancing grin

soop Wed 26-Sep-12 16:18:52

I won a bottle of Charlie fragrance on a tombola. One abandoned squirt and the room emptied. confused

jeni Wed 26-Sep-12 14:15:16

Nell Charlie's angel?

soop Wed 26-Sep-12 13:41:53

grin grin grin ...now I understand why I love you lot. Have uploaded pics for you to ooh and ahh over. Need to do a few jobs before I drop in for a merry blether and a shot of the finest malt. Back later smile

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion