Gransnet forums

Chat

Online games

(12 Posts)
gratefulgran54 Wed 12-Mar-14 07:23:46

I play Scrabble and Words with Friends on Facebook with various people. Like that I can dip in and out of it, as the games stay live until somebody wins, even if you only take your turn once every couple of days.
Also thoroughly enjoy Songpop and Moviepop, bring back happy memories as well as being fun, and again, you can dip in and out.
Another one I found was Wordbattle, playing against people on line, making the best word you can out of a random set of letters...good brain workout!
To just relax I play Freecell, and I have a fair few Hidden Object Games on my PC that I can disappear into for hours if I've a mind. Big Fish Games is a great site for all sorts of games, some free, some to buy and keep (decent prices and benefits if you're a member)
All depends on my mood/energy levels/workload though...at the moment I've not done ant of it for a while, what with GC's various exploits, babysitting jobs and day job, seem to be just coming home to sleep most days at the moment smile

annodomini Tue 11-Mar-14 17:52:46

I must confess to Candy Crush but am stymied at the moment, waiting to move on to a new phase. blush Freecell is quite addictive too. There are a few games on Mindjolt, if you look at the left hand side of the Facebook pages.

AlieOxon Tue 11-Mar-14 16:54:49

Spider solitaire is definitely addictive and I am addicted....

I build things on Minecraft - my grandson introduced me to it, but I don't play it with monsters to contend with - he does!

boheminan Tue 11-Mar-14 16:45:23

I play Scrabble on Facebook at 3.00am in the morning! There's always someone around to play with. Like you mollie it was the reason I joined Facebook and I don't do anything else on the site.

grannyisland Tue 11-Mar-14 15:55:50

Unless you have a LOT of time to fill don't start on Spider solitaire - it's strangely addictive. Between that and GN I'm getting a lot less done these days!

Bellasnana Mon 10-Mar-14 17:42:14

I play Wordfeud and Words with Friends. I did get hooked on Angry Birds and Candy Crush, Farm Heroes etc. but the novelty of those wore off pretty quickly. I prefer the word ones because you play with someone else and have to use your brain. mollie I play them on an iPad with no problems.

BlueBelle Mon 10-Mar-14 17:34:33

I do jigsaws and play games on FB well hooked on Papa pear saga

annodomini Mon 10-Mar-14 09:12:24

Jigidi is a good jigsaw site. My GS, when he was 4, showed me how to play Angry Birds, but I haven't got much further with it. I daren't even look at Minecraft in case I get hooked. I do on-line crosswords on the Guardian site but the Independent has ceased to publish its crosswords. This Sudoku site is excellent and you can adjust it to suit your level.

whenim64 Mon 10-Mar-14 08:45:47

Sudoku, Solitaire, Tetris, Jigsaw, Freecell, Chess - you can even download a keyboard and play the piano.

I have a dozen games for my grandchildren on here, too. Minecraft, Hay Day, Pet Rescue, Hangman, Noughts and Crosses plus the uual bubble popping and Angry Birds type games.

Then there are lots of educational apps for maths, cursive writing, spelling, discovery, science etc.

mollie Mon 10-Mar-14 07:47:16

You can play online scrabble on Facebook, either with friends and family or with strangers ... it was the only reason I signed up for FB but I don't play now as I do everything on an iPad and scrabble and the iPad weren't compatible.

Natsnan Mon 10-Mar-14 07:42:40

I play games on my Ipad and it's easy to download apps, I only use free ones though smile

A good jigsaw app is Jigsaw Box, you can make you own jigsaws using your own photos. If you like word games then Jumbline is good too. If you use a tablet then have a look at the word game apps, there are loads to choose from.

If you meant playing online with other people, then I'm afraid I can't help,as I don't do that, only with my DD and GS.

Hope you find something you enjoy, good luck browsing smile

NanKate Mon 10-Mar-14 07:08:07

I often read that Gransnetters play scrabble, do jigsaws etc online. I have not discovered these games online, which I know I would enjoy.

Can any of you please make some recommendations of your favourites ?