Gransnet forums

Chat

Potential for husband swapping maybe?

(36 Posts)
narrowboatnan Fri 18-Apr-14 12:38:09

I would like to share with you today's Senior Moment. There we were, DH and I, trolling around Asda, him with the trolley and me browsing the shelves. I had stopped to choose a couple of comics ready for visiting grandchildren (they're coming on Monday), made my selection and headed off to the vegetable aisles to find him. I put the comics in the trolley and explained to him that I'd got a Thomas the Tank Engine comic for DGS and a Princess comic with free pretty necklace for DGD. Then I looked up. Ooops! Wrong husband! Well, one white haired bearded gentleman looks very much like another, don't they?? This chap's wife said that I could have him if I wanted, but assured me that I'd soon send him back! They weren't even wearing similar clothes - my DH had a black jacket on and this other chap was wearing a blue check shirt! Goes to show how much notice I take of what he's wearing, doesn't it?? Oh dear me!

narrowboatnan Mon 21-Apr-14 15:39:52

I know JUST what you mean about the price of the comics- I try not to look or I wouldn't buy them. They enjoy them though, and I think children should have comics. I used to enjoy reading 'Bunty' and 'Judy' and then 'Jackie' when I was younger smile

Anne58 Mon 21-Apr-14 11:02:27

It would certainly entertain the neighbours Galen grin

Galen Mon 21-Apr-14 10:24:32

What a lovely vision!
Mr P (in the nude) running round the garden, leaping nimbly over bushes in his pursuit of Lepidoptera!
That has made me laugh out loud!

Anne58 Mon 21-Apr-14 10:06:50

Don't think so anno Mr P doesn't leap around the buddleia trying to catch butterflies.

annodomini Mon 21-Apr-14 10:04:28

Have you got him confused with Digby perhaps, phoenix? tbugrin

Anne58 Mon 21-Apr-14 09:33:20

I came out of the village shop and got into the wrong car. The chap was very good about it though. blush

Mr P is a treasure in many ways. He cooks, cleans the oven and brings me tea in bed. he does however snore, although he insists he is actually "purring" confused

Icyalittle Mon 21-Apr-14 09:20:11

I once kissed my DH on the back of the neck, coming back into a bar from the loo. The look on his face as he stood nearby and watched me was only matched by that on the man I had assaulted! (It did teach me to wear my glasses ALL THE TIME).

Galen Sun 20-Apr-14 23:05:50

Of course!

rosequartz Sun 20-Apr-14 22:41:09

Well, he can be bloody awkward too. Very frequently!

Whereas I am all sweetness and light. grin

Galen Sun 20-Apr-14 22:40:52

Yip!

rosequartz Sun 20-Apr-14 22:39:24

I'd better look after him!

Galen Sun 20-Apr-14 22:39:12

Must admit, I would like someone again to love, honour and cherish
But being very independent, disabled and bloody awkward!
I don't think anyone could cope with ME!*

Galen Sun 20-Apr-14 22:35:01

rosequartz
I can tell you , if I had someone like that!
I would never ever let him go!

Fairhair Sun 20-Apr-14 21:49:33

shock not sure I want one of those! confused

rosequartz Sun 20-Apr-14 20:43:33

He only snores if he has a couple of pints of real ale, Galen.

He empties the bins, does most of the garden and also blush does most of the ironing (simply because he thinks I don't do it properly)

On second thoughts, I don't think I will lend him out in case he decides not to come back.

janerowena Sat 19-Apr-14 22:03:02

Mine does things, but only if I ask. I would love things to be done without having to ask. Mine is perfectly capable of walking right past the emptied bin at the end of the drive without returning it to its place, let alone taking it out in the first place. I left it out once for three days to see what happened - my son noticed it and returned it so I was foiled!

yogagran Sat 19-Apr-14 20:56:38

Don't think mine knows that bins have to be emptied, he thinks it's all done by magic

Ana Sat 19-Apr-14 20:50:11

rosequartz, you mean yours actually empties the bins? Where?

Nonu Sat 19-Apr-14 20:40:31

i would not let anyone have mine , he is a treasure and the best in the world , and I love him so much even after 43 years !

Galen Sat 19-Apr-14 20:30:02

Does he snore?

rosequartz Sat 19-Apr-14 20:10:15

You can borrow mine, Galen, as long as you don't mind being interrupted constantly (I'm on here because I am sulking exasperated.

Fairly well trained but can only cook 2 dishes (one being a fry-up, yuck)

Can I have him back when the bins need emptying please.

Ariadne Sat 19-Apr-14 17:15:44

Thanks, Nonu! Believe me, he is all yours.

Nonu Sat 19-Apr-14 13:54:40

None of you ain"t havin" my old chap !!!
tbugrin

Nelliemoser Sat 19-Apr-14 13:41:10

I would have to pay to get someone to take mine away.

As for the rest of you! "You should have gone to Specsavers." wink

janerowena Sat 19-Apr-14 12:49:58

I'm very tempted Galen! It takes mine at least a week before he stops being in work mode, trying to boss me about and alter my routine to suit him. Then just as he relaxes, he is preparing work to go back again. I think you would just the person he needs to put him in his place. tbugrin