Gransnet forums

Chat

Archers fan

(127 Posts)
sparkygran Tue 17-Jun-14 19:17:14

Has anyone else picked up on tonight`s Archers a possible liaison between Elizabeth and Roy? I was picking up all sorts of signals and worst of all it is being encouraged by Haley!! Ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa surely not nice Roy

papaoscar Tue 03-Feb-15 16:01:00

And he'd be a very happy old chap, grumppa!

grumppa Tue 03-Feb-15 08:38:50

That's very ageist, papaoscar; Linda could be just what he needs to revitalise him.

J52 Tue 03-Feb-15 08:13:19

I think Justin Elliot has plans for a distribution centre to be built on Brrokfield land near the new road. This will come to light at the 11th hour, along with Heather's demise. x

merlotgran Mon 02-Feb-15 23:47:59

I think the penny's dropping, Nellie and about time too.

Nelliemoser Mon 02-Feb-15 23:44:07

Rob's controlling behaviour is very well portrayed.
I am very suprised though that the very feminist Pat hasn't really seen through him yet.

Soutra Mon 02-Feb-15 23:25:03

Ah well, that'll learn em ! (what, I don' exactly know)
I am increasingly worried by "control freak Rob" aren't you?

papaoscar Mon 02-Feb-15 12:42:54

I think Joe would need at least two-weeks notice and a following wind to cope with Linda...

grumppa Mon 02-Feb-15 08:37:38

And there was I hoping Elizabeth and Roy would make a go of it after all.

I too believe that Justin Elliott will go bust and Ruth's mother will conveniently die, letting Brian and David take control of Borchester Land.

Nelliemoser Mon 02-Feb-15 08:22:59

I think Hayley and Roy might get back together. When Phoebe was sounding off to Hayley and talking about now miserable and down Roy was you could hear Hayley sounding very concerned about him.

Mishap I think we are getting increasing hints that the sale will not go though. It's a classic example of dramatic irony, the audience are now being led to suspect this sale might not go through.
We have Kenton, typically, spending the money that he has not got yet.
and , and Lillian Elizabeth and Shula about to start plans to spend it on their businesses.
David is being increasingly vague about moving dates.
Perhaps Justin Eliott and Co will go bust.

grumppa Mon 02-Feb-15 07:45:39

I think that Linda Snell has a dark, rough side to her nature and is conducting a secret liaison with Joe Grundy in the back bar of the Cat and Fiddle.

mollie65 Mon 02-Feb-15 07:06:24

what happened to 'Archers Addicts' thread ? hmm
apricot you may speak ill of Enid Blyton but my 6 year old grandson loves 'the famous five' so EB must have written a 'good story'

apricot Sun 01-Feb-15 19:04:15

I gave up the Archers about 5 years and recommend abstinence to you all. It's all about as believable and badly-done as Enid Blyton.

papaoscar Sun 01-Feb-15 18:53:12

Shush! Don't tell anybody, shysal, or Lillian will find out!

Lilygran Sun 01-Feb-15 17:04:56

As far as Kate is concerned, don't I remember that her mother, Jennifer, had a rather wild youth? Obviously while daughterly recriminations are going on, Kate knows nothing of this! Speaking of illegitimate children, what has happened to Ruari?

shysal Sun 01-Feb-15 16:40:29

Papaoscar, are you implying that Matt has run off to Costa Rica with Linda Snell? That would be an entertaining tale!

Mishap Sun 01-Feb-15 16:38:12

The move north is bonkers - Ruth's mum will probably have returned to the stardust by the time they get there and then their reason for going will have been blown out of the water. I am prepared to bet that they will not go and financial chaos will descend upon Lilian, Kenton et al.

Go Phoebe! - what a girl! - you tell her! Hayley and Roy are clearly heading for a reconciliation...happily ever after........aaah.

J52 Sun 01-Feb-15 15:54:05

Listened to the omnibus edition today. Is Helen sounding more like lady Mary from Downton or is it my imagination? x

Nelliemoser Sun 01-Feb-15 15:42:20

We can't say that Kate's downfall is any surprise at all though. She was always a wild one.
Maybe she inherited her MGF, Jack Archer's tendency towards the family "black sheep" role and alchoholism. (I think he is her MGF not MGGF)

The whole concept of this move to Northumberland is totally daft and out of character for all concerned. Get rid of that ex Eastenders script manager or what ever his role is.

Mishap Sun 01-Feb-15 14:59:51

"Why isn't she chasing him round the kitchen with a DNA swab?" - love that!

loopylou Sun 01-Feb-15 14:55:16

Gave up listening months ago and doesn't sound like I'm missing much!

merlotgran Sun 01-Feb-15 14:36:10

I wonder why Pat keeps saying that poor Helen has a lot on her plate? She doesn't do anything other than spend her time pandering to Horrible Henry and Rob the Rat. Why isn't she chasing him round the kitchen with a DNA swab?

papaoscar Sun 01-Feb-15 14:15:42

So having let T'Archers slip into the slurry lagoon of indifference I dip my toes back into it this week in the hope of finding clearer waters and what do I find? Ludicrous and complicated plot lines on all sides and voices and characters I no longer recognise, all adding to the steaming compost heap of dissatisfaction piling up behind Brookfield. No wonder that the Big Beeb Headmaster has been called in to put a bit of stick about. Not before time.

Now for a bit of character comment. At last we can put a voice to the big bad developer Julian, or is it Justin? Trouble is he's just too nice and sounds a bit like Father Christmas. Unlike Kate who is back from Africa and not very nice, despite mother's attempts at splashing whitewash around. Daughter Phoebe must be red with embarrasement having her louche, drunken, broken-down old mother back on campus at Felpersham, University of Lost Souls. Coming up is the wedding of the year between Ian and Adam but is Charley preparing to stick something very nasty deep into the heart of their union? Now, Costa Rica, Matt and Linda. Another out-of-Ambridge experience coming up, perhaps, but why bother? Nobody gives a 4x about them. But thankfully Tony is back in the land of the living again, spouting bull. So at least some things don't change!

chloe1984 Sat 19-Jul-14 20:10:42

Nelliemoser wink

Nelliemoser Sat 19-Jul-14 19:24:25

In some cases a diary might be worth more money than a dairy depending on whose diary it is.

I did not even notice the error.

chloe1984 Sat 19-Jul-14 19:02:52

It's me that should be sorry I never have the sense to proof read before postingblush