Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(13 Posts)
merlotgran Mon 20-Oct-14 09:50:43

Morning, everyone. A cloudless, sunny sky here on the fens but it won't last. We have a horrible weather forecast for later. I'm off to Specsavers this morning so hope the storms hold off until all the shopping is done then I can batten down the hatches.

rubysong Mon 20-Oct-14 09:35:41

Morning all. Dry, bright and still here in Cornwall. The calm before the storm I think! Today I hope to pot up some bulbs and rake a few more leaves. We have a lot of trees and leaf raking goes on and on. I have acquired two of those large dumpy bag things and am filling them with leaves to make lovely leaf mould. It is a long job as I am trying to avoid sticks and twigs going in.

jamsidedown Mon 20-Oct-14 09:21:18

Good morning everyone, yes I really like this thread, so interesting to have a review around the country.

Some blue amongst the white clouds and a hint of sun here in Petersfield. Off to do more falling over graceful moves at Body Balance class this morning. Nearly at the end of the painting - what on earth shall I do when it's over - oh yes, wallpapering!

hildajenniJ Mon 20-Oct-14 09:13:29

Good morning everyone.

It's a wet start to the day in Northumberland. Very grey, doesn't look like it will dry up any time soon.
I don't like the sound of the forecast for 03.00 tomorrow, when I get up for work, could be a bit lively. We'll wait and see.

Washing nearly finished. Got to vacuum and dust the entire house, if I can manage it.

kittylester Mon 20-Oct-14 08:39:01

Good morning all!

Mick, I hope you saw Sewsilver' thanks to you for this thread! I agree that its a lively start to the day!

Slightly overcast here this morning and the forecast for tonight is a bit spectacular!!

Ironing this morning sad and then picking up DGC1 and 2 from schoolsmile.

Nelliemoser Mon 20-Oct-14 08:25:25

Oops! Should be start it's the damn tablet again.

Agus Mon 20-Oct-14 08:17:40

Morning everyone. A bit misty and damp here in W Scotland but thankfully the torrential rain and high winds have gone.

I agree, it just wouldn't be right to start the day without Michael's 'appearance' grin

Having my much needed coffee start, no plans as yet, just see what unfolds.

ninathenana Mon 20-Oct-14 08:15:05

3 hrs

Brendawymms Mon 20-Oct-14 08:14:49

Good morning all.
Blue sky and sun. The sun is shining on the house opposite and reflecting directly into our bedroom window.
Rough night tonight I understand and as we live high on the Weald with views of the English Channel 16+ miles away we have no protection from wind.

ninathenana Mon 20-Oct-14 08:14:09

Morning all.

Dry and bright here in N.Kent.
Car goes in for a major service today. What do I do in town for 3hes ? confused

PRINTMISS Mon 20-Oct-14 08:12:56

Good morning all, I think this is quite a nice thread, where we can all just pop in when we want to, and do a little chat, or just keep quiet. It is nice to hear what is happening, and how well people are doing. Me, I am just sitting here on a very still morning - thought it was going to be windy according to the forecast, - the sun is shining through the window, and although I cannot hear what they are saying on the radio, I am enjoying the music. Enjoy your days.

Nelliemoser Mon 20-Oct-14 07:15:01

Good morning Michael good morning all.

This thread reminds me of a bit in Under Milk Wood I heard on Saturday where the day does not stare until someone or other has rung the bell. And the reverent Eli Jenkins has said his morning prayer.

I am still in bed so no weather report yet, from what I can remember the forecast is not good.

12Michael Mon 20-Oct-14 06:55:16

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but windy here in Brackley but just twilight.
Mick