Gransnet forums

Chat

I've received some flowers !!

(13 Posts)
Nonu Fri 28-Nov-14 19:23:51

TIGGY , just enjoy them and let the devil take the hindmost.
Posession is 9/10 of the law.
BIG grin
It will be a lovely story to recount over the table at Christmas !!

ninathenana Fri 28-Nov-14 18:24:10

That's a mistake a florist should never make Agus

Agus Fri 28-Nov-14 16:48:46

Just have to enjoy them then tiggy flowers

When DD2 was born I received a bouquet plus card saying, with all my love, from Bill !!! I knew they were from DH but his name is not anything like Bill. DH was really annoyed with the florist and I received another bouquet with profuse apologies. After the initial mix up we did laugh about it but what a can of worms that one could have opened up. wink

rosesarered Fri 28-Nov-14 16:32:42

tiggypiro it sounds as if you have done all the detecting you can, it's up to the florist now.Enjoy them.
nonnie I can't imagine a friend asking why you hadn't thanked her! Should have said to you 'did you receive them?' Things do go wrong sometimes [often?]

vampirequeen Fri 28-Nov-14 15:42:30

What a lovely mystery.

Nonnie Fri 28-Nov-14 15:41:41

Oh dear. A friend who lives in France and wasn't able to come to our ruby wedding party sent some flowers to me at the venue but I never received them. Eventually she emailed me and asked why I hadn't thanked her. It was horrible and I will never know if she thought I hadn't bothered or if she believed me. I contacted the venue and they sent me flowers. The worst thing is that I would never have met DH if it hadn't been for her so wouldn't have been celebrating.

soontobe Fri 28-Nov-14 15:39:23

Do a Kate and Chris live on your street?
[dont think too hard, or you may have to return them!]

soontobe Fri 28-Nov-14 15:38:31

Oh well, enjoy!

durhamjen Fri 28-Nov-14 15:34:20

Surely Interflora should be able to tell you if there is a missing comma in the message.

Mishap Fri 28-Nov-14 15:27:49

I am assuming that neither of you are Kate or Chris - in which case poor them! - they will be missing out, but you can get on and enjoy them.

kittylester Fri 28-Nov-14 14:48:58

and, if not, poor Kate and Chris! flowers in case they don't get any more.

Lucky you tiggy

Jane10 Fri 28-Nov-14 14:43:09

Do you know a Katherine and Christopher? are you part of a Katherine and Christopher? Intriguing! Oh well just enjoy them!

tiggypiro Fri 28-Nov-14 14:41:04

I have just taken delivery of a lovely flower arrangement - a very rare occurance I have to say. The only problem is I have no idea who they are from but they had my name and address on. The card says ''Thank you Kate and Chris'. Is that to Kate and Chris or from Kate and Chris ?? And if the former who the hell is Chris? and if the latter who are Kate and Chris?
I have rung the florists and all they can tell me is they were through Interflora International and they doubted that they would supply any further information.
I shall enjoy them whoever and why ever they were sent !!