Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(18 Posts)
NfkDumpling Thu 18-Dec-14 12:10:04

Grey, overcast and breezy here today. Just got back from town and am HOT! I automatically put on scarf, gloves and coat before leaving the house and it's really mild out there! Weird weather!

Happy Thursday All.

Juliette Thu 18-Dec-14 10:51:04

Depressing. Just one word to describe the weather this morning in N.Staffs. The only good thing about no sunshine is that the windows look quite clean, not so much when it's a bright day! Hope you all enjoy what you have planned, even if it is a supermarket shop.

Agus Thu 18-Dec-14 10:18:45

Morning everyone.

Wet and windy here this morning but quite mild.

I'm off to DD1s this afternoon for coffee. She has invited two of her friends plus their Mums she met through nursery/school run. I got to know the other two Grannies whilst doing the run too. Looking forward to a good blether.

Anne58 Thu 18-Dec-14 09:54:36

Wet and windy again in North Devon. I might take a little trip to Waitrose later, as they have sent me a £10 off voucher!

Oldgreymare Thu 18-Dec-14 09:45:17

Morning All!

Psyching myself up for a supermarket shop tchsad,farm shop and card delivery.... I may be gone some time!

Nelliemoser Thu 18-Dec-14 09:26:02

Good morning wet and grey in Cheshire. I am still in my dressing gown.

Yesterday I left my handbag in the pub where we had Kitting club. I was sure I had bought it home and it was a while before I realised it was not in the house.

One of the group had rescued it and taken it home with her but did not have my phone number.

Great relief when I rang and she said he had it. I need to go shopping for my Christmas do over the weekend. My friend dropped it off this a.m. on her way to sort out her horses at the stables.
It's a good job I have people around to mop up after me.

Gagagran Thu 18-Dec-14 09:10:53

"very mile" - of course I meant "mild"!

daffydil Thu 18-Dec-14 09:06:32

Good morning everyone.
Very mild here in Essex and dull at the moment. A delivery from Sainsbury's later this morning - once a fortnight I do an on line order for dry goods though I get most fresh stuff myself. Then it's haircut and finish writing the cards for the ones we deliver by hand.

Gagagran Thu 18-Dec-14 08:57:24

Morning all! Damp and very mile here on SE Hampshire coast. We did the supermarket run VERY early this morning as both woke at 5am and couldn't get back to sleep. I hope to manage until after Christmas now, using local shops for milk etc.

Happy days everybody! sunshine

PRINTMISS Thu 18-Dec-14 08:55:12

Good morning all, dark and dreary here on the south coast. Taking a rest today after a couple of days talking to people at our post-cards exhibition. Can't do all that stuff as long as I used to! Kiora I used to find a nice slow walk - on the flat if possible - helped whenever I had back problems. I think the thing is to try to keep moving, otherwise everything seizes up. Not long to Christmas now, and just about everything is ready. I hope. Enjoy your days.

vegasmags Thu 18-Dec-14 08:34:26

Dark, gloomy and chucking it down here in Manchester. Hope today to finish making the dressing gown for my DD's Xmas present. Busy days at the moment, aren't they?

Brendawymms Thu 18-Dec-14 08:02:42

Morning all.
Another dull and dank day in East Sussex. If my husband does not stop coughing soon there will be one less to feed. He has had the flu that lasted eight weeks now he has been coughing a week. Enough is enough.

kittylester Thu 18-Dec-14 07:46:15

Morning all!

Dark and warm here in north Leicestershire!

Off to Sainsbury's while DD starts on a wedding cake for delivery on 27th December!!tchconfused

ninathenana Thu 18-Dec-14 07:41:41

Morning all.

I have been up since 6.15 and was waiting for Mick to start this thread, and then I missed it tchgrin
It's still quiet dark here in N Kent but patio is dry and just a slight breeze.
I have no plans for today. I'll see where my mood takes me tchsmile

Kiora Thu 18-Dec-14 07:36:28

Morning Michael mild here in kent. Still having to help put husbands socks on ( any tips of managing a bad back welcome..pinched nerve I think) otherwise it's off to work I ho. Hoping for a quiet day.

rubylady Thu 18-Dec-14 07:35:39

Dark out, can't see anything, presume it's cold but not venturing to find out. Been up all night, going to bed soon. tchconfused

Thistledoo Thu 18-Dec-14 07:27:41

Mornin all, gosh I'm second again!! One day I'm going to beat you 12Michael. Just listened to forecast, mild around the country with some showers, here.... Freezing cold only 1 degree with snow showers.
Chior lunch today, 30 ladies getting stuck into wine, should be a good doooo.
wine

12Michael Thu 18-Dec-14 06:56:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Its windy out but mild here in Brackley with signs of rain overnight.
Mick