Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(21 Posts)
dustyangel Tue 31-Mar-15 18:27:31

Good afternoon/evening all. If I'd had time to post this morning I would have said that it was Sunshine in Surrey but I've been out in the wind since then and nearly got blown away. DD says there have been short gusts of hail on and off all day but I've managed to miss them.
One thing I've noticed is that so many spring flowering plants and trees have opened in the last three weeks. The gardens here are full of colour now. smile sunshine

loopylou Tue 31-Mar-15 15:14:40

Everything's battered here, fence panel gone, panes out of greenhouse, just picked most of my daffodils and the wind's incessant.
Managed to photograph Sparrowhawk sitting on (now very) wobbly trellis, poor little birds presumably quaking in their tiny boots. Beautiful bird but so deadly, it flew very fast straight through the bay tree several times without even hesitating so no refuge for the birds.

kittylester Tue 31-Mar-15 15:00:59

And mine Janer but they look nice in a case!!

janerowena Tue 31-Mar-15 14:52:51

My poor daffodils... sad

loopylou Tue 31-Mar-15 10:34:34

Hurray! Power back, no electricity since early hours. Still very blowy but bright. Now need to catch up with housework hmm, no excuse!

KatyK Tue 31-Mar-15 10:27:33

Good morning. Birmingham took a battering in the night and it still sounds very wild out there.

Juliette Tue 31-Mar-15 10:20:56

Like the rest of the country, wild and windy here in N,Staffs. at least we have no rain....yet.
Thought I had a dental appointment this morning but turns out it's tomorrow., so an extra day to worry. tbuhmm

harrigran Tue 31-Mar-15 09:51:55

Good morning, gale force winds and very little sleep last night. Lovely sunny day now. Waiting for my hairdresser, will be here any minute, thank goodness I don't have to go out and get blown about. Sister arrived from Germany last night but had a bumpy flight.

daffydil Tue 31-Mar-15 09:46:36

hilda - the carrot and fennel loaf sounds delicious. Hope your hip improves. With me it's a shoulder which is never very good but stiffens up painfully overnight.

hildajenniJ Tue 31-Mar-15 09:04:04

Good morning all.
Very windy but beautiful sunshine in Northumberland this morning. I have a very painful left hip this morning, so I'm not going to do anything strenuous today. I may get the bread maker out. I fancy a carrot and fennel loaf.

daffydil Tue 31-Mar-15 08:57:56

Seems as if the whole country is feeling the high winds today. It's certainly fierce here in mid Essex but it is bright with glimpses of sun. The cleaning team come today on their fortnightly blitz so I shan't do a thing cleaningwise today. smile
Enjoy your day.

ninathenana Tue 31-Mar-15 08:54:17

Morning all.

I was woken at 4.30 by the wind whipping around the house. It's died down at the moment but BBC's Carol has just warned us it will return.
Tesco this morning and a quiet afternoon.

I hope nobody's property has damage.

annsixty Tue 31-Mar-15 08:46:00

Good morning all.
How lucky you were Lona and anno I was still reading at 1:30 the wind and rain was horrendous,so I feel like a zombie this morning.
Dentist for us today and hope you get sorted anno you will be there as I type.

nannotgran Tue 31-Mar-15 08:31:53

Harwich

nannotgran Tue 31-Mar-15 08:30:40

North essex weather. Still very windy but it's quite nice and bright at time of writing not too cold either I hope it stays that way as I have to go to Hawich enjoy your day

Tegan Tue 31-Mar-15 08:29:50

Why does the weather always do this when the children are on holiday from school and need a bit of fresh air sad? I've just had to go out and move my dustbin [collection day]. I do wish the bin men, when the weather is like this, would leave the bins so that they don't blow over easily, especially if they're on a main road.

whenim64 Tue 31-Mar-15 08:02:40

Good morning, all. I woke up to hear my back gate banging and the big latch has been ripped off its screws in the wind. The last of the leaves have been whipped up in the air and blown somewhere else, so that's one job I don't have to do now. Looks like it's going to be a grey, wet day, so no park with the grandaughters. A day for staying indoors.

Lona Tue 31-Mar-15 07:45:39

Morning!
I didn't hear the wind last night but it's just made up for that with the addition of a torrential downpour!

Last day of looking after dgd today sad and I don't think we'll be going to the mudbath park!

annodomini Tue 31-Mar-15 07:41:56

Good morning all. I didn't hear the wind overnight thanks to double glazing, but I could see it when I drew the curtains - trees lashing and bending. There's an old saying that if March comes in like a lamb it will go out like a lion - and vice versa. It's been an unusually quiet March, but there's a lion roaring today!

kittylester Tue 31-Mar-15 07:28:01

Good morning, Mick, everyone!

Our weather is more or less the same! It was so windy overnight that I got very little sleep and feel like a piece of chewed string! grin

Enjoy your day everyone grin

12Michael Tue 31-Mar-15 06:58:26

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey, cold and windy here in Brackley this morning.
Mick