Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(20 Posts)
NanaDenise Tue 28-Apr-15 10:20:35

Good morning everyone.
A beautiful sunny, but cold morning here in the Surrey Hills.
Washing out and waiting for the repair man who will hopefully mend my dishwasher (not DBH who has taken over DW duties - he is fine). Then, on to the dreaded VAT return.

On this lovely day, I must make time to cut back the box tree outside my office window so I can see the garden again.

harrigran Tue 28-Apr-15 10:19:21

Good morning, dry but cloudy and cold. It was very windy during the night.
I like my holidays one week at a time too kitty, second weeks seem to fly over anyway.
In two weeks time I will be going to visit DD in Belgium, she gets a few days off at Ascension which allows us to spend some time with her.

dustyangel Tue 28-Apr-15 10:06:50

Good morning everyone. The bad weather has blown away and it's a lovely sunny morning. We have the fresh washed sky this morning ffinnochio smile
DD1 always hopes to read a book a day when she holidays here, on Monday in the bad weather she managed two! She is very happy about it, she juggles so many things at home that she doesn't have time to sit and read. sunshine

sparkygran Tue 28-Apr-15 09:48:51

Mornin` everyone sunny but very cold here in NI have a surprise visitor DGS feeling poorly so his mum asked us to look after him. Not surprisingly he has had a miraculous recovery and is ensconsed on the sofa with his favourite DVD on and a table groaning with craft items for him to enjoy.grin

daffydil Tue 28-Apr-15 09:21:21

Lovely start to the day here in mid Essex.
Yes thank you nannotgran I had a good day yesterday. DS rang from Cornwall where he is on holiday to wish me Happy Birthday which was thoughtful and DGS and DGD with DGGS paid a visit. DGS sorted a couple of problems on my iPad.
Today the cleaning team come for a couple of hours.
Hope you all enjoy your day.

daffydil Tue 28-Apr-15 09:19:37

Lovely start to the day here in mid Essex.
Yes thank you nannotgran I had a good day yesterday. DS rang from Cornwall where he is on holiday to wish me Happy Birthday which was thoughtful and DGS and DGD with DGGS paid a visit. DGS sorted a couple of problems on my iPad.
Today the cleaning team come for a couple of hours.
Hope you all enjoy your day.

Today cleaning team come for a coupleof hours

ginny Tue 28-Apr-15 09:08:48

Blue sky but very cold wind here in N. Bucks.

kitty I find 10 -12 days is long enough for me. I love to go to new places and learn new things but after so long I can't take in anymore . Of course it helps that I love where I live and my own way of living.

annsixty Tue 28-Apr-15 08:53:16

Good morning all.
Welcome backkitty I hope the break recharged your batteries.
Raining here just now and decidedly chilly.
Appt at the bank this morning which I will probably cancel. No transport is the pits.

hildajenniJ Tue 28-Apr-15 08:43:48

Good morning everyone.
Fairly cloudy start in Northumberland. We had a snow shower last night!! Doesn't look like rain though. Very tired this morning so I am back in bed. The dog is dreaming beside me.
Have a good day . smile

ninathenana Tue 28-Apr-15 08:36:53

Morning all.

Cloudless sky here in N Kent, cool though.

kitty I agree, I always look forward to getting back to my own bed smile

Grannybug Tue 28-Apr-15 08:20:58

Good morning all from a sunny but cold East Northants. I do agree Kittylesyer usually find a week is just enough holiday and also love weekends awaysmile

Dsim1948 Tue 28-Apr-15 08:20:54

Good morning ,it's cold but very bright and sunny here ,had the lot during the night woken by hailstones gales and rain now sunny with heating on lol ,now we can say nere cast a clout Till may is out never did put my Woolies away just in case lol lol,will be warning one today .☔️⚡️⛅️☀️��❄️.

Sewsilver Tue 28-Apr-15 08:07:12

Chilly and wet here with snow on the hills.

kittylester Tue 28-Apr-15 08:07:11

Good morning!

It's bright and sunny in North Leicestershire this morning but I think it might be quite cold!

First day back from holiday and, apart from the unpacking, it's lovely to be back. Does anyone else find a week or so away is enough? Or am I strange? We met a couple while we were away who had done a four month cruise, which I'd hate!

Enjoy your days, everyone! sunshine

nannotgran Tue 28-Apr-15 08:04:57

It's sunny and chilly in north essex as well Hope you enjoy your birthday yesterday daffydil0

Pittcity Tue 28-Apr-15 07:56:55

Good morning from sunny but chilly Colchester. Heating still clicking on morning and night. Layers are the clothing of choice!

Marmight Tue 28-Apr-15 07:50:29

Another glorious start to the day in Fife. We had sleet, hail and snow yesterday afternoon after a beautiful morning so expect the same later .....

PRINTMISS Tue 28-Apr-15 07:20:56

Good morning all, blue sky, bright sunshine, not sure about any frost. My plans for yesterday to do spring cleaning have all gone to pot, I ventured into the garden to hang the washing, and it was twelve o'clock before I realised it. Ah! well, off to bowls this morning. Enjoy your days.

Anne58 Tue 28-Apr-15 07:00:31

Blue sky and sunny here too, but it looks like I will have to de-ice the car windows before I go anywhere!

12Michael Tue 28-Apr-15 06:52:29

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another blue sky sunny start here in Brackley this morning.
Mick