Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(18 Posts)
Indinana Sun 04-Oct-15 10:40:13

Morning everyone, (or perhaps I should say afternoon....) from a dull grey day in Devon.

Had a late night last night babysitting while my DD went to a posh frock do with the local Chamber of Commerce. My DS was also there so DH and I had to split ourselves between them, DH babysitting the GSs (he felt more confident dealing with two little boys than a 3 month old baby!). A jolly good time was had by all smile. But it did result in a late start for me this morning - I didn't crawl out of bed until 9.30 shock.

Have a good day whatever you're up to.

Lona Sun 04-Oct-15 10:23:01

nannotgran I hope your son doesn't remember to put your washing on the tip! grin

anno the sun just peeped out and it's looking a bit brighter. hmm
Got a headache at the moment, so I shall carry on reading the papers until normal service is resumed.

Have a good Sunday!

ninathenana Sun 04-Oct-15 10:18:20

Oh heck, well spotted Printmiss I think I'll go back to bed, get up and start again grin grin

nannotgran Sun 04-Oct-15 10:14:40

Sunny morning but chilly in north essex.Washing on the line then the tip if my son remembers
And i am going to a harvest festival service this afternoon
have a good day

annodomini Sun 04-Oct-15 09:47:52

A bit dull here in Cheshire at the moment but not misty and drizzly as it was yesterday. I think there are signs that the sun might creep through. Lovely news from you Greenfinch - always great to have a new one to cuddle.

ginny Sun 04-Oct-15 09:03:23

I mean start .

Greenfinch Sun 04-Oct-15 09:03:13

Lovely sunshine here in Berkshire. We are off to hospital to see new grandson born on Friday. My 3 children and 4 grandchildren were all born in the same hospital so it is always somewhat nostalgic to return.

ginny Sun 04-Oct-15 09:01:12

Better tart here in N.Bucks today. Sky is blue but it's a little chilly.

Walk the dogs and then off to DD1s for lunch.

Nelliemoser Sun 04-Oct-15 08:55:57

Good morning to all. I can see cloud rather than mist/fog here at present. some patches of blue showing though. The mist did not clear at all yesterday. I am not very optimistic about it today.

Pittcity Sun 04-Oct-15 08:54:28

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Clear blue skies again here.
I am waiting for DH to make a rare cooked breakfast. We are taking DS, age 14, for his first driving lesson at 12 so will be having a traditional Sunday Roast, again cooked by DH, at about 3. Followed I expect by a traditional Sunday nap!

hildajenniJ Sun 04-Oct-15 08:28:42

Good morning everyone.
There is thick fog in my part of Tynedale. It cleared slowly yesterday to leave an overcast, dull day. It looks like we are in for a repeat performance. DS coming to lunch. Nothing else planned.
Have a lovely day all.

whitewave Sun 04-Oct-15 08:20:09

Sunny here on South Downs. Getting chillier though. Just listening to a harvest festival hymn, I cannot count myself as a Christian, but I love the way it marks the passing of the year.

nfk we call our conservatory "the glassplace* ! But whatever it is called we love it. In fact sitting in it now watching the birds on the feeders.

PRINTMISS Sun 04-Oct-15 08:09:10

Good morning to you all, misty start but the sun is there so looking forward to another fine day, the last of the nice weather, we are told. Not doing a lot today, I still have this wretched cough and splitting headache, so bought ready meals for lunch, lazy me.
Love the red apostrophe, nina
Enjoy your days

ninathenana Sun 04-Oct-15 07:36:45

Sorry for the rouge apostrophe

ninathenana Sun 04-Oct-15 07:35:36

Morning all.
Foggy/misty How do you define which ??
In N Kent. We were in London yesterday, one day is enough. I swear the underground getting's busier every time we go.
So a day of chilling for me.

kittylester Sun 04-Oct-15 07:14:17

Morning Mick, morning all from a very grey North Leicestershire!

An early start in the Lester household as we are going to Birmingham. We have a slot booked at the Back to Backs this afternoon and then a jazz concert this evening. We are having breakfast on the way so have to get going!

NfkDumpling Sun 04-Oct-15 07:13:38

Morning Mick, morning All

Dry and cloudy here too, but there are breaks in the cloud which promise a nice day. Hope so as DS and family are coming over and we're going for a chug down the river.

Apparently the weather should break tomorrow - and we'll find out if the new conservatory roof leaks. We have to think of a new name now it's no longer a conservatory. Garden room is just too posh. Suspect it'll just be the back room.

Happy Sunday Everbody.

12Michael Sun 04-Oct-15 07:00:01

Good Morning Everyone,
its a dry cold cloudy start here in Brackley this morning.
Mick