Gransnet forums

Chat

wedding outfit

(8 Posts)
Iam64 Fri 12-Feb-16 19:48:18

I wore pewter silk trousers with a jacket bought separately, dove grey with a slight pattern. Loved it, felt myself rather than like the lady mayoress of Weatherfield -

bichonmad Fri 12-Feb-16 09:40:05

thank you so much I have been looking at all the places you have recommended now the only problem I have now is deciding thank you once again

Badenkate Tue 09-Feb-16 11:12:56

I got a Jacques Vert trouser suit for DS2's wedding - lovely and floaty, soft grey trousers which I 've since teamed with other things so very useful and a pretty pink and grey chiffonny blouse.

J52 Tue 09-Feb-16 10:18:11

At my son's wedding my beloved Aunt had a similar problem. She had a fantastic Shalwar Kameez suit made, a la Judy Dench style. The fabric was a beautiful self patterned blue with a matching pashmina that she fixed with a brooch.

She looked elegant and had many compliments.

x

yummygran1 Tue 09-Feb-16 10:13:27

Why don't you consider wearing black trousers, (there are some lovely tailored ones in the shops) and an elegant top teamed with a lovely bright jacket, you can then remove the jacket and be dressed beautifully for the evening celebrations. A small black fascinator, shoes and clutch bag would accessorize.

Alea Tue 09-Feb-16 09:52:44

I wore dark blue velvet trousers from Lands End and a blue(mixed shades) embroidered coat from East for DD's wedding in December.
You could also look at Hampstead Bazaar (London, Bath and I expect Internet) I wore raspberry pink silk trousers and a patterned silk jacket from them 3 years ago for DD 3 's wedding in August.
WALL, provided a metallic pewter coat and trousers outfit 7 years ago for DD 1's wedding! Finally, look at Sahara or Box2 , although the latter may be too big for you as they start at size 14.
I agree you do have to look around and perhaps be more creative than traditional MOB or GMOB outfits. But actually Jacques Vert (always reliable) may also have what you are looking for.
It may be that the dark colours you are seeing are down to the time of year. Early Feb is perhaps just too early for the Spring/Summer ranges to be fully available.

Teetime Tue 09-Feb-16 09:45:11

Have you tried something more ethnic perhaps a Shalwar Kameez (sorry if that is not spelt right) there are lots of lovely websites for those and you can design you own colour combination.

bichonmad Tue 09-Feb-16 09:29:22

Has anyone noticed how difficult it is to get a trouser suit nowdays.My garanddaughter is getting married next year in June,And I wanted to wear a trouser suit because due to ill health I have lost lots of weight and trouses work better for me and all I can find is very dark colours known as workwear I do want a colour but cant find trouses that match the lovely colour jackets that I can find getting really fed up,think I have looked at every website possible sad