Gransnet forums

Chat

Who did you last Google and why?

(80 Posts)
grannyactivist Wed 29-Jun-16 23:54:24

I just googled Patrick Grant - I'm hooked on the Great British Sewing Bee, so I wanted to know a bit more about him. He's Scottish, went to boarding school and Oxford University, trained as an engineer and once worked as a nanny. He looks great in everything he wears cycling gear and has a girlfriend named Katie Hillier. I admit I did spend a few minutes drooling over looking at his images too. grin (I'm so shallow.)

Grannyknot Sat 02-Jul-16 15:03:14

Oh no, maranta! (off to Google). grin

Badenkate Sat 02-Jul-16 11:49:47

Thanks Mildred. I said to DH this morning I wonder how old Petula Clark is.

Mildred Sat 02-Jul-16 11:12:09

Petula Clarke she is on tour age 83.

Jalima Fri 01-Jul-16 20:43:28

Michael Heseltine - I wanted to put on a link!!

Lyndylou Fri 01-Jul-16 19:51:39

I googled the music on the trailer for The Living and The Dead. It's by The Insects if anyone is interested.

I also googled the mascara that dyes eyelashes from the other thread and, daftly, I googled my own name. I found a document I was involved in producing for a new IT system about 20 years ago. The system was superceded by something else ages ago. Just shows nothing dies on the internet, just hangs around for ever.

Stansgran Fri 01-Jul-16 19:43:47

Albert Pike because of a quote about volunteering . I'd never heard of him.

grannylyn65 Fri 01-Jul-16 15:23:58

O am soooo envious Alima, have watched the series over and over and over !!!!!

Nandalot Fri 01-Jul-16 13:32:21

Re my, much, earlier post. I have been successful in using Google to find the article that made me dislike Sarah Vine. It was in the Mail and was about Serena Cowdy. Very vitriolic.

Lona Fri 01-Jul-16 10:08:13

grannya grin

Juliette Fri 01-Jul-16 07:57:11

Dan Snow's grat-grandfather. Battle of the Somme related.?

Tessa101 Fri 01-Jul-16 00:23:28

Just googled 30th wedding anniversary to find out its Pearl.

Deedaa Thu 30-Jun-16 21:41:21

Scamorza is lovely harrigran particularly the smoked version.

DanniRae Thu 30-Jun-16 18:51:12

I just googled Scamorza, harrigran because I wanted to know what it is. Sounds delicious. (it's cheese btw)

harrigran Thu 30-Jun-16 18:29:53

Scamorza because a restaurant was offering it smoked and I wanted to ensure it wasn't something disgusting grin

Liaise Thu 30-Jun-16 18:27:06

Eyelash and eyebrow dye mentioned in a another thread as I no longer have eyebrows and only sparse lashes. Also a le creuset non stick shallow casserole as I do a lot of cooking (or so it seems sometimes).

Tegan Thu 30-Jun-16 17:51:13

Mark Carney; rather dry and haven't got a clue what he's on about....but strangely attractive (blush emoticon)....

grannyactivist Thu 30-Jun-16 17:35:46

Lona - Freddy (of he and the Dreamers) used to be our milkman!!

jeberdes83 Thu 30-Jun-16 15:54:56

I Googled to find a telephone code to find out where the latest scam call came from.!!

Bez1989 Thu 30-Jun-16 15:41:18

I Googled Wales Football Team Euros last night as I thought theyd already played their quarters and wanted their result.
But they play on Friday evening. YAY !

hildajenniJ Thu 30-Jun-16 15:38:29

Last person I googled was General Charles deGaulle, to see why he didn't want Britain to join the EEC.
The last thing I googled was cheap yarn. I found some lovely acrylic yarn for ยฃ1.19 per 100g ball to make a baby blanket for a good friend of my DD who is expecting a little boy in August.

Lilyflower Thu 30-Jun-16 13:50:46

I Google Map and Streetview the settings of the books I am reading. I did it with the Japanese overpass where Marakami's '1Q84' takes place and with Cormack McCarthy's dismal Texas/Mexico trilogy and I am renewing my childhood acquainanceship with Brighton and Hove for Peter James' 'Roy Grace' detective series. It really adds another dimension and you see how wonderfully accurate many authors are in rendering place in print.

Tegan Thu 30-Jun-16 13:42:10

Oh, didn't realise it was just human....I'll have to think about that....might have been the Crabbe person also (loathsome man).

Hattiehelga Thu 30-Jun-16 13:39:31

Stephen Crabb MP - when he announced his bid for PM I saw a facebook post regarding his alledged views that homosexuality is a sickness which can be cured !!! I was incredulous so googled him and it does appear that he is not gay-friendly. A NO to him then. An insult to my various and lovely gay friends.

Tegan Thu 30-Jun-16 13:39:08

Giant river otters after seeing a programme about them on BBC4 last night.

DanniRae Thu 30-Jun-16 13:35:02

Well thank you Swanny for bringing me up to date about Boris. I was able to say, casually, to my husband "Did you know Boris has stood down". He didn't know and, to be honest, didn't believe me till I checked on the BBC web site. Great to be the bringer of news to my, (whisper it) know all husband!!