Gransnet forums

Chat

New Granny Onboard!

(17 Posts)
Wobblybits Wed 14-Sep-16 08:39:09

U3A cost do vary - I belong to three, annual charges vary between £8 and £20, and individual groups can be between zero and £20ish per quarter. The cost of individual groups depends on where they meet, a home or a hall (which has to be paid for). Regardless, the costs are quite low and very worthwhile.
I prefer to keep the groups i run small so that we can meet in homes and not have any extra costs, it is also more friendly with a small group.

Newquay Wed 14-Sep-16 08:22:30

Google your local U3A-there's bound to be something you would like. £8 a year and £1 a session with fellow enthusiasts whatever your interest!

shysal Tue 13-Sep-16 14:02:42

Welcome serena. Enjoy!

Gagagran Tue 13-Sep-16 13:52:39

Welcome to GN serena!

It's difficult to suggest a hobby to someone we don't know. Maybe you could tell us a bit about yourself and things you like. e.g. singing - then join a choir, or craft work - join a craft group, walking- join a ramblers group. I suppose I am saying that the best thing to do is go and join something with like-minded people.

It is important to keep your life interesting and not just focused on grandkids - even though they are probably the light of your life!

Hope that helps a bit! sunshine

serenaowens Tue 13-Sep-16 13:34:11

hi guys! I a bit bored not seeing my grandkids! What hobby can you suggest for me? Thanks

Jalima Wed 31-Aug-16 18:26:46

Hello serenaowens and welcome

I like your OP, now I feel like we're sailing on the high seas with a strawberry daquiri in my hand (actually I am having a ginger beer!)!
sunshine

serenaowens Wed 31-Aug-16 13:39:32

Hi! Thanks everyone for your warm welcome! by the way, i have this friend who is a proud grandma too who will be celebrating her birthday soon! Need your help grannies! Will she love this gift that i intend to give her? I need your honest opinion as she is a granny like us!Thanks

Alishka Tue 30-Aug-16 18:26:06

Hello! smile
I like this because, when my mind goes into free fall shock and suddenly something from way back occurs to me, there's usually someone here who knows exactly what I'm talking about. grin

Jayh Tue 30-Aug-16 17:45:39

Hello, Serena. GN is a great source of information about all sorts of things. Have fun!

numberplease Tue 30-Aug-16 16:40:47

Welcome Serena.

nanaK54 Tue 30-Aug-16 15:49:44

Hello and welcome

Synonymous Tue 30-Aug-16 15:44:14

Welcome Serena wine

grannyqueenie Tue 30-Aug-16 15:37:40

Hello serenaowens hope you enjoy gnet. It can be an awful time waster !!shock

Charleygirl Tue 30-Aug-16 15:34:35

Welcome- if you want a pleasant existence without having your head bitten off, have a look at soop's kitchen

grannylyn65 Tue 30-Aug-16 14:37:52

gringrinninagringrin

ninathenana Tue 30-Aug-16 13:22:02

Welcome serenaowens I hope you enjoy GN we are mostly a friendly bunch smile
There is a thread entitled "Welcome new Members" that you might like to look at.

serenaowens Tue 30-Aug-16 13:14:28

Hi there! I am glad that there is a forum for grannies. Glad to hop in! Hope i will be able to meet new friends! Thank YOu!