Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(16 Posts)
12Michael Sat 20-Sep-14 06:30:12

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey slightly dark but wet here in Brackley.
Mick

NfkDumpling Sat 20-Sep-14 06:43:31

Morning Mick. Morning All.

Grey and misty here too. DD2 arrived with family late last evening. The girls were asleep and were slipped straight into their beds. They still are asleep. Their dog isn't. He's on pigeon / cat patrol. So while everyone else slumbers on here I sit with my coffee.

This afternoon we're off bowling, then playing in the penny arcade, then an early family dinner out, followed by a sleep over with four small DGC all jammed in one small room. This is DGD2's idea of a perfect fifth birthday. I hope the dog sleeps in tomorrow!

Have a lovely Saturday Everyone. sunshine

Brendawymms Sat 20-Sep-14 07:55:47

Good morning all from a very foggy and humid East Sussex. We have a yellow warning for rain today but the Met office weather and BBC weather shows us dry today. Yahoo weather has us with thunder storms and rain. We will see.
I would like something to clear the air it's been so humid this week.

Lona Sat 20-Sep-14 08:03:18

Morning from a misty, damp Cheshire shock
We have a weather warning too but nothing showing on the weather map, so fingers crossed!

Exercise class this morning, then a lazy afternoon.

Have a good weekend folks sunshine

Charleygirl Sat 20-Sep-14 08:19:32

It has been raining overnight in NW London but today is grey, misty but not cold. My French doors are open, my neighbour has his heating on. Each to his own! I must have some breakfast and then go to the gym.

PRINTMISS Sat 20-Sep-14 08:33:04

Good morning from an overcast south east coast. Supposed to be having a flu jab this morning, but feeling very much under the weather, so have decided to cancel - supposed not to have it if you are not well, and since the back of my neck and head ache, I think that counts, but better safe than sorry. Shopping calls, the fridge is empty, so will have a trolley to lean on. Think I might have over-done it in the garden! Enjoy your days.

kittylester Sat 20-Sep-14 09:05:39

Good morning all!

The weather in North Leicestershire is grey and drizzly but slightly fresher today.

Enjoy your fun day Nfk. We have another day [hopefully the last!!] of trying to fit DD3's stuff into our shrinking house ! grin

Enjoy your days everyone! sunshine

Ariadne Sat 20-Sep-14 09:21:46

Slightly mist here in Devon, but signs of the sun breaking through. Hope so - just about to tackle the last of the holiday washing.

All a bit painful today, but must keep moving!

harrigran Sat 20-Sep-14 09:24:06

Good morning from a grey, damp north east. GD1 is having a cowgirl party at a farm today, pleased I didn't volunteer for that one smile

hildajenniJ Sat 20-Sep-14 09:25:06

Good morning all. The weather in Northumberland is overcast at present. It has rained during the night, and does not look promising. I am very hungry, it's diet day, so lovely crisp salad to look forward to for lunch. Must keep busy!!

suebailey1 Sat 20-Sep-14 09:36:03

Morning each - damp and drizzly here in MM but were off to Nottingham (no not to dine with my father robin Hood fans) juts to look at the new Nissan car showroom - such fun! Have a great day smile

ninathenana Sat 20-Sep-14 09:59:40

Morning all.
Rain overnight and a very dull damp morning here in N Kent.
sad two loads of washing from last night to get dry. Why do I believe meteorologists !

henetha Sat 20-Sep-14 10:09:00

Misty start with sun breaking through now. It's calm and lovely.
September can be such a beautiful month. Waiting for man to come and remove six enormous bags of tree trimmings/shrub clippings and take to the tip (sorry, should call it the garden recycling centre).

janerowena Sat 20-Sep-14 11:03:39

Overcast here in East Angular, but still very warm and muggy after the ten-hour thunderstorms we had yesterday - not the lovely cool but sunny weather promised on the News last night.

Only 11am but I have already been out in the garden and denuded it of all my David Howard chrysanths and various other coppery-tinged flowers, been up to the church to decorate 'my' windowsill, cut DS's hair for him and am just having a break before starting to pack up the car in an hour to take him back to Uni.

rubysong Sat 20-Sep-14 11:09:09

Morning everyone. Sun has burnt off the midst here in Cornwall and it looks like being a lovely day. I've just had a training session on the church photocopier and now, after this coffee, I shall be gardening.

annodomini Sat 20-Sep-14 11:31:00

Good morning. Just been out for the annual flu jab. The system is super-efficient. They notify all eligible patients about three Saturday mornings when they'll do the jabs. We turn up, all 7 of the doctors' rooms are in use and it's a case of 'next please', 'name and address', jab. All over in half a minute. This time I felt nothing and couldn't believe that the nurse had done it. Very handily, the medical centre is just across the car park from Waitrose which was doing a very good trade!