Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(17 Posts)
12Michael Sun 21-Sep-14 06:21:15

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey feels a bit chilly up early washing in laundrette, get it done before breakfast .
Mick

NanKate Sun 21-Sep-14 06:54:11

Morning Mick and All.

Quite bright in Thames Valley.

Off to 1940s themed day at Hughenden Manor which was Disraeli's home and was also used in the second WW as a secret map making centre. It's worth a visit if you are a NT member.

12Michael Sun 21-Sep-14 06:58:35

I was stationed in the RAF not far there at Naphill.
Mick

NfkDumpling Sun 21-Sep-14 07:01:53

Morning Mick, morning All

Thanks NanKate. Will look up Hughenden. I love these themed days - although NT ones tend to be a bit clean! The volunteers who do them are really good and certainly do their homework.

I'm sitting in the conservatory with two of the DC's dogs. It's quiet, the clouds (although grey) are scudding over and there is a sun trying to get through. The rooks are happily wheeling around and the church bells just chimed. Allie peace and calm. Except I can hear too three little girls chatting upstairs - it's only a matter of time!

nannotgran Sun 21-Sep-14 07:51:33

Morning all I am back in the land of the living again fingers crossed .A realy lovely morning here in north essex just a little cool

PRINTMISS Sun 21-Sep-14 07:52:12

Good morning everyone, calm and promising on the coast, a little chilly, but that is to be expected. Ladies versus men at bowls today, the last competition for the year, and the ladies hope to get the trophy back. I personally do not care, but there are those among the ladies who are really competitive. Enjoy your days.

Gagagran Sun 21-Sep-14 07:53:56

Morning all. It's a fresher feel today thank goodness. Yesterday it felt as if there was a heavy duvet over everything - very humid and airless.

DGS is playing in his under-10s footie team this morning so we will go and support them. They are enthusiastic rather than skilled but they did win 3-0 last week so fingers crossed!

Happy days everybody. sunshine

Charleygirl Sun 21-Sep-14 08:45:40

It is a lovely day in NW London- the sun is shining. I am expecting friends around early pm so I must at least have a tidy up.

kittylester Sun 21-Sep-14 09:09:37

Good morning all!

It's a bright start here in North Leicestershire so I've just put a loaf of washing on and hope that I can get it dry. Then it's off to feed DS1's cat and then to pick up DS from the railway station later on - that's assuming they remember to help him get off! Between times it's more stuff sorting - I will get my house tidy before DD and the children leave again - I will!

Enjoy your days everyone sunshine

Stansgran Sun 21-Sep-14 09:24:00

Sunshine and blue sky in Durham today. Looks like a perfect autumn day.

Ariadne Sun 21-Sep-14 09:41:53

Good morning all! A beautiful autumnal day here in North Devon - blue skies, calm seas and touches of russet in the trees.

annodomini Sun 21-Sep-14 09:45:01

Beautiful bright sunny morning in NE Cheshire. But I knew as soon as I woke up that it was suddenly a lot cooler. Today's the day when I will put away my summer-weight duvet.

hildajenniJ Sun 21-Sep-14 10:15:29

Morning all. Sunshine and blue skies in Northumberland, just a perfect early autumn day. I only wish the dog would walk a bit further, I don't like going for a walk by myself.

Grannybug Sun 21-Sep-14 10:19:35

Morning all it's a lovely sunny morning with that autumnal feel to it here in East Northants.

GreatauntieLinda Sun 21-Sep-14 10:37:20

Good morning everyone. Bright and cheerful here on the Co. Durham coast. Best its been all week. Lawn is still too wet to cut, hope to do that tomorrow. Shall probably wash the car instead. Turkey for lunch. Have a lovely day.

Lona Sun 21-Sep-14 10:58:26

Morning all! It's glorious here again sunshine
A lazy day before an evening of music at the Bridgewater Hall, with the violinist and conductor Nikolaj Znaider. Really looking forward to it.

suebailey1 Sun 21-Sep-14 11:08:05

Good morning - lovely sunny Sunday here in MM church bells ringing and all lovely. Cleaned out the freezers ready for winter stock up, put away all the summer clothes and got out the winter ones most of which I have just put in the Macmillan bag that popped through the letter box so looking forward to a shopping trip on Saturday in Cambridge with my sister and youngest DD with a girly lunch at Jamies.

Also won £88 on the Lottery - what a nice day!! Hope its good for you too smile