Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(22 Posts)
12Michael Tue 23-Sep-14 06:50:01

Good Morning Everyone,
Its blue sky but cloudy here in Brackley this morning.
Mick

NfkDumpling Tue 23-Sep-14 07:07:04

Morning Mick. Morning All

Beautiful sunset last night and a beautiful multi coloured sunrise this morning.

Have a beautiful day Everyone sunshine

kittylester Tue 23-Sep-14 07:21:17

Good morning!

It's bright but a bit misty in North Leicestershire. We are off to Hemel Hempstead to see DD2 and DGDs 2 & 4 and take them out for lunch. I can't wait - it seems ages since we saw them!

Enjoy your days as much as we will enjoy ours! sunshine

Gagagran Tue 23-Sep-14 07:34:02

Morning all!

It was a bit chilly overnight here on the south coast but looks like another lovely day in store. Our eldest DGD becomes a teenager today and this evening we are all going out to dinner to celebrate with her. She's been a trainee-teenager for some time so don't expect to see a lot of difference!

Happy days everybody. sunshine

kittylester Tue 23-Sep-14 07:44:07

gaga grin

Don't they start training about two? DGD3 looks for a nice open space , lies down and screams. There is never any danger of her hurting herself!

jamsidedown Tue 23-Sep-14 07:56:45

Good morning everyone. Back from our trip to Snowdonia where we were blessed with fabulous weather. A lovely still autumnal day here in Petersfield, a few wreathes of mist amongst the trees. Off to my first French Beginners class this morning, the old grey matter will have to clank and wheeze into life. Then back to prime miles of skirting boards, deep joy.

hildajenniJ Tue 23-Sep-14 08:11:03

Gopod morning all.

Lovely bright start to the day in Northumberland. There's talk of rain for later though. gaga my DGD aged 7 1/2 is already in teenage training!!
She has three younger brothers though, so I expect she needs to rule the roost.grin

Stansgran Tue 23-Sep-14 09:14:28

Bright start in Durham but the clouds look as though they are wandering in.

Brendawymms Tue 23-Sep-14 10:23:46

Good morning everyone.
Dry and bright in East Sussex and I'm having a lazy day today. There are things I should do but they will still be there tomorrow grin

Galen Tue 23-Sep-14 11:00:47

Bright and sunny

harrigran Tue 23-Sep-14 11:11:43

Good morning, light rain has just started here. DH mowed the lawns yesterday in anticipation of the rain. I think he was hoping it would be the last time this year but it is still mild.

PRINTMISS Tue 23-Sep-14 12:28:42

A late good day to you all, busy morning this morning. Glad you enjoyed your holiday Jam It is a lovely country, and when the weather is fine it is just superb. Are we still on for our meet-ups gaga. Enjoy your days.

Galen Tue 23-Sep-14 13:25:32

Oo er, I'm going to be broadcast tonight!
Jennifer Carr from silver travel adviser recorded an interview with me about cruising earlier this year. It's going out tonight on 'the wireless'
Apparently you can listen on line or by dab in London. I'll have to try to remember to listen on line!

Gagagran Tue 23-Sep-14 13:35:16

Hi Printmiss - yes I am up for a Chichester meet. Aren't we waiting for Jam to confirm availability?

I'll put a proper entry on under meet up.

annodomini Tue 23-Sep-14 13:36:25

What time and what radio station, Jeni?

dustyangel Tue 23-Sep-14 13:38:59

Afternoon all, fine and sunny today with high cloud.

jamsidedown Tue 23-Sep-14 13:40:19

Hi gaga and printmiss, not sure how we go about arranging a date! but would love to meet up.

Galen Tue 23-Sep-14 13:40:47

If you google silver travel adviser you can link into 'the wireless' and listen on line. I hope!

Elegran Tue 23-Sep-14 13:44:16

As one who has arranged various meetups, I can tell you that you fix a date and place by exchanging LOTS of messages, either on a meetup thread or by PMs. The more people who are interested, the more messages, and the more complicated it gets ( 11 or 12 of us are meeting in Edinburgh soon. There was only one day in October that suited everyone!)

Elegran Tue 23-Sep-14 13:51:24

I have had a look at that, and you can certainly listen to past programmes, so tonight's should be OK (also repeated at 6 am tomorrow for early risers)

This is a page with some links. Jeni's is not on it yet, but I assume it will be there this evening at 6.

www.silvertraveladvisor.com/index.cfm?v=THE_WIRELESS_FeaturedArticle&fkArticleID=139&fuseaction=pubDsp.dspFeaturedArticle

It also says " the show goes out on DAB, so the way to find The Wireless is under the alphabetic list, either T or W. Or you can listen online, click on the highlight in paragraph 1. And a new way is via digital TV, the 700+ numbers are radio and you should find The Wireless there. The station doesn't have an FM frequency. "

Elegran Tue 23-Sep-14 13:52:58

For Jeni read Galen. I was referring to a previous incarnation!

Galen Tue 23-Sep-14 14:05:33

Same me!smile