Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(18 Posts)
12Michael Tue 30-Sep-14 06:57:49

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another grey start today, off on the buses into Oxford for a couple of hours later.
Mick

Gagagran Tue 30-Sep-14 07:05:14

Morning Mick and everyone. Grey and cloudy here this morning but not foggy like yesterday. Nothing much on the agenda today apart from a trip to the library and a walk by the sea. I won 4lb sausages at a Macmillan coffee morning raffle last week so we are having some for dinner.

Happy days everybody. sunshine

Nelliemoser Tue 30-Sep-14 07:14:53

Good morning from Cheshire. I shall be noble and get out of bed to give a weather report. Cloudy and grey.

kittylester Tue 30-Sep-14 07:26:05

Good morning!

It's quite misty in north Leicestershire this morning. Yesterday I neither bought boots nor did the ironing so I must do one or the other today!

This morning we got up to discover that DD3's cat had come back after being missing for a month! He wasn't too thin so had obviously been fed somewhere on his travels.

Enjoy your days everyone! sunshine

hildajenniJ Tue 30-Sep-14 08:05:45

Good morning everyone. It's a lovely sunny start to the day in Northumberland, blue sky and pink fluffy clouds just as the sun was rising.Today we are on our diet. Not much left in the house to do as did ironing and dusting yesterday. Must find something to occupy me as I don't want to think too much about food.

ninathenana Tue 30-Sep-14 08:26:56

Morning all.

Over cast here in N. Kent. Sun is trying to break through. Trip to supermarket this morning, not much else.

Have a good day all.

jamsidedown Tue 30-Sep-14 08:28:59

Good morning everyone from a damp and grey Hampshire. Off to French lesson this morning and was hoping for a walk this afternoon but as I am a fair weather walker it had better stop with the tiddling! smile

nannotgran Tue 30-Sep-14 08:37:03

Bright start here in north essex today .I got it wrong yesterday we had rain in the afternoon.I am sure that wont happen today While I have been writing this I have had 3 phone calls I started it at 7 45 and its now 8 35.Hope the rest of the day goes better.

PRINTMISS Tue 30-Sep-14 08:37:28

Good morning all, very damp here too jam, although I think it will dry up soon, as it is brightening. I still have a stiff neck and arm, but they are improving, so do not think a trip to the doctors is necessary, should stop lifting and digging in the garden! Not a lot planned for today. Enjoy your days.,

Teetime Tue 30-Sep-14 08:38:06

Good morning all! Looks OK here in MM. big market day today so going to have a look at the animals later and browse the fruit and veg- must stop buying too much! then it soup making and really should get down to some writing. Hope you have a good day.

Lona Tue 30-Sep-14 08:42:24

Morning all. It's damp and muggy at the moment here.
Still a bit zonked after dgd yesterday, but it was so worth it. I took her for a walk to the shops, where she flirted like mad with the postman, the man on the door at the job centre, and sundry people and dogs!
When the postman asked for some id (we were collecting a parcel) she said "Well, I've got a box of toys!" grin

Have a good day sunshine

Grannybug Tue 30-Sep-14 09:39:24

Morning everyone a bit of a grey start here in east northants and I was expecting sunshine! Maybe later. Have a good day

AlieOxon Tue 30-Sep-14 10:41:44

Mornin' all.
Quite bright here but hazy. I've just put out a plea to my local LETS group for someone to mow my grass, which I can't do any more. Gardener has been in hospital having hurt himself, and isn't recovered yet....grass is getting higher!
House is also a bit out of hand, and I have put on a few pounds which won't do, it makes me feel lazy - so - am taking things IN hand today!

dustyangel Tue 30-Sep-14 10:59:46

Morning all, it's quite grey here but not cold. The sort of weather to be really getting on with things but I've been feeling lazy too and can't seem to get round to it.

Lona your gd sounds a delight, maybe exhausting but so happy to be around.

NfkDumpling Tue 30-Sep-14 11:10:51

Morning All

So glad to hear your DD's little cat has reappeared. It's a worry when they go missing. We had one who used to go off on little adventures but only when the weather was nice and she could hunt for herself.

I've just come in from making a start on sorting the garden as it's a lovely day here. Dug up a few things that need to be lifted for the winter, then discovered I've no compost. So it's off to the garden centre - and they've got a lovely coffee shop. May just stay for lunch - the plants will be ok waiting a bit.

rubysong Tue 30-Sep-14 11:13:35

Overcast and threatening to drizzle in Cornwall. I have three friends coming to afternoon tea. I have a tea selection from Fortnum and Mason and intend making cucumber sandwiches. I have done a bit of baking and I think we are also going to sing a bit. We have been talking about 'Singing Together' we used to have on the radio when we were at primary school, so those are the songs we will attempt.

harrigran Tue 30-Sep-14 11:18:14

Good morning, it was sunny first thing but it has clouded over now. Still mild though and all the windows are open.

Brendawymms Tue 30-Sep-14 11:25:24

Good morning from East sussex it's chucking it down with rain here although the forecast was for no rain.