Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(18 Posts)
12Michael Wed 01-Oct-14 06:58:22

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking like a blue sky day ,sun just starting rise here in Brackley.
Mick

Thistledoo Wed 01-Oct-14 07:40:15

Good morning everyone, it's raining here, first time for weeks.
Hoping for a quiet day today.

Brendawymms Wed 01-Oct-14 08:01:43

Good morning from East Sussex. The sun was just over the hills at 07.00. The nights are really drawing in.
Lovely day bright and calm but the silver birch trees have now shed about half of their leaves.

PRINTMISS Wed 01-Oct-14 08:07:23

Gloomy and wet here on the south coast. I am glad of the rain however, the garden was really dry, and I have just made up a few more pots and troughs all of which will appreciate the wet weather. House inspection today, otherwise not a lot. Enjoy your days.

Lona Wed 01-Oct-14 08:17:12

Good morning all, it's sunny again!
Exercise class first, then coffee with my pals, then to the cinema to see Pride. I hope it's as enjoyable as The Hundred Foot Journey.

Nelliemoser Wed 01-Oct-14 08:39:30

Good morning. It's bright and sunny in Cheshire with a slight chill in the now. It's due to get cold tonight, start protecting your tender garden plants.

Teetime Wed 01-Oct-14 08:53:14

Really nice bright and sunny 1st October here in MM. Off to play golf (ladies Morning) with the two most garrulous women in the world. I like a chat but these two are Olympic standard and as they haven't played together before I sense a headache coming on for me!! there is a nice pond on the 11th - wonder if they like swimming! Have a lovely day flowers

Geraldine62 Wed 01-Oct-14 09:01:22

Good morning all, sunny but damp here in Manchester about to go live on air your views needed please join in:
Mike Sweeney is asking " have the over 65's never had it so good?"
local.gransnet.com/forums/local_manchester_trafford/1210708-BBC-Radio-Manchester?msgid=25354598#25354598

Grannybug Wed 01-Oct-14 09:11:26

Good morning to all from East Northants. It's sunny here today and I've got window cleaning planned !

Stansgran Wed 01-Oct-14 09:11:27

Sun is shining in Durham .

Gagagran Wed 01-Oct-14 09:15:47

I think we rather over-indulged our children as we had grown up with austerity of post-war years when we had little in the way of material things and had to find our own entertainments. We wanted our children to have what we didn't have and they have grown up expecting that to continue.

They want to have their foreign holidays, their own cars, the latest electronic devices, clubbing and eating out as a matter of course plus lots of fashionable clothes. Then they also want homes of their own and are taken aback when they can't afford them. The idea of saving and scrimping is anathema to them but we haven't helped in that regard.

The over 65s had to work hard and save for what they have now and I think that is admirable and not to be derided as seems to be the fashion amongst some commentators. We know how to do without and budget and maybe the younger generations could learn from that from us.

Gagagran Wed 01-Oct-14 09:16:58

That was in response to Geraldine! Forgot to say Good morning all!

hildajenniJ Wed 01-Oct-14 09:25:01

Good morning everyone. Cloudy and overcast in Northumberland. Nothing much planned for the day, so I might do some baking. DH likes homemade cakes etc. His late mother was an excellent baker, me, not so good. He misses his cakes and biscuits.

jamsidedown Wed 01-Oct-14 09:29:34

Good morning everyone, rain early here in Petersfield but beautiful blue sky and sunny now. Yesterday afternoon was lovely and got a walk around Selborne- beautiful! Hairdressers today then out choosing doors for the new loft extension. Happy day everyone.

annodomini Wed 01-Oct-14 09:46:22

Calm and bright here in NE Cheshire. Most of the trees still have a full complement of leaves. I am hoping for the same good luck as I had last year when the wind wasn't blowing in my direction when all the birch leaves came down in one night! Usually I get the lot.

kittylester Wed 01-Oct-14 10:26:30

Good morning all!

It's a lovely day here in north Leicestershire and all I have planned for today is a trip to see mum this afternoon!

Enjoy your days allsunshine

nannotgran Wed 01-Oct-14 10:37:20

Raining in north essex this morning

dustyangel Wed 01-Oct-14 10:56:23

Good morning all, a lovely day here now after a grey start. It could turn out like yesterday when it went up to an amazing 28C.

After a quick coffee, we are off to the DIY shop, not so good, followed by a trip to the air conditioned cinema which I hope will be very good. smile