Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(21 Posts)
12Michael Tue 21-Oct-14 06:51:27

Good Morning Everyone,
Its wet and its windy here in Brackley this morning.
Mick

thatbags Tue 21-Oct-14 07:10:16

Wet and windy where I am too with rain lashing NW-facing windows. That's not very common. Wind straight from Iceland! wink

@WindyWilson88 is calling this Hurricane Fandan[ce] smile

baubles Tue 21-Oct-14 07:11:50

Good morning Mick. It has been extremely blustery here throughout the night. Expecting to see lots of debris on the road this morning.

NfkDumpling Tue 21-Oct-14 07:23:36

Morning Mick, morning All

Not as much rain here as expected - yet. And, although the clouds are scudding over, the wind isn't horrendous either. The forecast for North Norfolk has moderated down to gusting 40mph so it looks as if The North will get the worst of it. Here's hoping for a damage free day for all. May all your tiles stay in place.

PRINTMISS Tue 21-Oct-14 08:00:38

Good morning all - well, it isn't really, because it is teaming down out there and the wind is gusting, but hello to you all anyway. Blood test this morning, I must really find out what they discover from all this blood they are taking from me! Enjoy your days.

kittylester Tue 21-Oct-14 08:10:37

Good morning!

Pickling down this morning but my friend and I are going to the farm shop for a little gentle veg shopping, a hot chocolate and a natter! Lovely!!

Enjoy your days everyone sunshine

ninathenana Tue 21-Oct-14 08:10:57

Morning all.

A much calmer night than expected. It's quiet windy but the rain has stopped.
I hope everybody and their property stays safe.

annodomini Tue 21-Oct-14 08:20:51

Good morning. Trees are thrashing madly in NE Cheshire and it's raining. Best observed from under the duvet.

Agus Tue 21-Oct-14 08:47:19

Morning everyone.

Not the horrendous day we expected. Windy but dry and sunny at the moment.

GD2 who started school in August was awarded the class Star Writer badge yesterday and had to go up on stage at assembly to receive it. Her writing is as you would expect for a 5 yr old but she tries her best. Great encouragement. She was thrilled to bits and so was Granny.

KatyK Tue 21-Oct-14 08:57:44

Good morning all. Bright but blustery in Brum.

jamsidedown Tue 21-Oct-14 09:08:40

Good morning all - yuck! Wet and windy here. Off to French class through the rain. Have a good day everyone.

Printmiss they must have an armful by now smile

Brendawymms Tue 21-Oct-14 09:12:52

Good morning to everyone.
Bright and breezy at the moment in East Sussex but it was very dark earlier.
I seem to have picked up a bit of a virus, feeling quite cotton wool heady and legs a bit noodle like. Hope it clears up soon as half term next week.

Teetime Tue 21-Oct-14 09:23:31

Good morning!! Wet and windy but not to bad here in MM- its not cold and occasional bursts of sun. Lazy day - juts having lunch with a friend.
have a lovely day smile

nannotgran Tue 21-Oct-14 10:01:52

Very grey skies but not as bad as expected so far in north essex.I have already been out for shopping managed to get there and back and not get wet

merlotgran Tue 21-Oct-14 10:10:46

Morning, everyone. Not as stormy as forecasted but still wet and windy.

A good excuse to stay indoors for a soup making marathon so there'll be plenty in the freezer for cold winter days.

Lona Tue 21-Oct-14 10:17:32

Good morning from wet and windy Cheshire, the road and cars are plastered with golden leaves.
I think it's going to be a 'lolling' day with lots of cups of tea smile

harrigran Tue 21-Oct-14 10:19:39

Good morning, sunny and bright here but very gusty. DH is thrilled, he spent hours sweeping up the leaves yesterday.

whitewave Tue 21-Oct-14 10:46:03

Sunny now but rain was horizontal on my walk this morning. It rushed through at top speed because of the wind. Walking along a hedgerow it was surprising how much rain and wind I was protected from, so it just shows how useful hedges are for protecting plants etc.

Fancy going into the garden but I do not like the wind it irritates me!!

Ariadne Tue 21-Oct-14 10:51:54

Wind really gusting in from the sea now! All very dramatic.

Galen Tue 21-Oct-14 10:55:52

Rather breezy. Channel looks a tad rough

rubysong Tue 21-Oct-14 11:12:09

Morning all. Sunny and windy here in Cornwall with heavy showers. I shall try again to get those bulbs potted. There always seems to be something more interesting to do. Also I must finish the WI press report.