Gransnet forums

Chat

Unsubscribing

(10 Posts)
Mishap Wed 26-Nov-14 09:48:57

Evey time I get an unwanted email (usually from a company from which I have bought something in the past) I always unsubscribe - but still it all keeps on coming. Anyone else have this problem?

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 26-Nov-14 09:51:06

Yep! The buggers.

sunseeker Wed 26-Nov-14 10:04:21

Yes, I have this problem with Toyota only the emails are coming addressed to my late husband. I have unsubscribed 4 times and complained to them via Facebook when they promised to delete his details. If it happens again I plan to write to their MD!

Mishap Wed 26-Nov-14 10:38:49

Oh sunseeker - that really is so unacceptable. What a pain for you.

Riverwalk Wed 26-Nov-14 10:41:57

You should 'Block' them - I find this more effective.

Lona Wed 26-Nov-14 10:44:40

It happens to me too,but how do you block emails please?

Riverwalk Wed 26-Nov-14 10:49:54

When I receive an obvious spam/unwanted email, without opening it I tick/click the little box next to it and then you have a number of options, Forward, Delete, Move, etc., and one of them is Block.

annodomini Wed 26-Nov-14 11:16:53

I have a 'report spam' option which sends the offending email to my spam box.

thatbags Wed 26-Nov-14 12:47:52

I don't get the emails once I've unsubscribed, except from Gudrun Sjoden. I complained a LOT to them directly and eventually they sorted it out. Rotten computer software (not all programers are great at it) at their end was the problem.

Re other email junk, I transfer the first one or two to my junk folder and then they get put there automatically and deleted automatically after a time that I've specified.

Lona Wed 26-Nov-14 15:09:35

Thanks River, it doesn't give me a 'block' option but I will just mark them as spam from now on.
blush why didn't I think of that?