Gransnet forums

Chat

Good customer service in the Christmas rush!

(10 Posts)
Grannyknot Mon 22-Dec-14 13:32:05

I wrote about this on the "Good morning" thread but decided to post it again in case others have "bouquets" to hand out for good service at this time of year when mayhem rules.

My daughter mistakenly bought a ham from Morrisons that is way too big for the 6 of us on Christmas day, plus when I looked at it properly yesterday (she had left it in the supermarket bag in the fridge) I also realised that I don't have a big enough container in which to cook it Nigella style. She still had the receipt, so I decided to try my luck and take it back to Morrisons to exchange it for a smaller one - I say try my luck because it is a refrigerated item and once before Waitrose refused to exchange something from the chiller a day later because I might have "broken the cold chain". (The Morrisons ham was carefully stored according to instructions, since Thursday last week).

The lovely young woman at Customer Services went off to ask and came back with a big smile and said "We wouldn't usually do this, but at this time of year mistakes can happen so yes, we will exchange it".

So thank you Morrisons for good customer service flowers

Anya Mon 22-Dec-14 13:53:44

Well done Morrison's tchsmile

I've just have lovely customer service in M&S food by a delicious nice young man.

If I'd had room in my shopping trolley I'd have taken him home

ninathenana Mon 22-Dec-14 23:50:25

Well done to the 3 lads manning the bike section of Halfords. They were happy, smiling, full of banter and very helpful.

kittylester Tue 23-Dec-14 06:16:22

Brilliant service grannyknot but I hope they threw it away and didn't resell it!

seasider Tue 23-Dec-14 07:20:36

Lots of praise for the young men in Footasylum Blackpool who sorted out a complicated exchange of my son's coat and were smiling despite the queue. Also the helpline staff at Eon electricity who helped me with a meter change .smile

ginny Tue 23-Dec-14 08:05:50

I have found all shop staff very helpful and friendly. An online shop rang me to say that there as an alternative to my order that was just as good but cheaper and would I like to swap. All my on line orders have been delivered efficiently.

Grannyknot Tue 23-Dec-14 09:10:02

kitty she walked off with it to ask someone before she said yes! But anyway - why? I looked after it properly I promise! And Morrison's is 10 minutes away from where I live so technically it was out of the fridge for about half an hour altogether whilst in my care. Unless the shop left it lying around on return ...it should be fine to resell.

glammanana Tue 23-Dec-14 09:16:46

Grannyknot They would have put it down to wastage and binned it I'm affraid to say,just asked DS1 who is Manager at "S-------ys" they won't take the chance it could have been left in an enviroment over a certain degrees (don't now what it is) I'm sure you looked after it well but it is just a health & safety issue for them along with good customer service.

Grannyknot Tue 23-Dec-14 09:22:12

Eek, now I feel guilty tchblush

Kiora Tue 23-Dec-14 20:13:36

I want to say a big thank you to the young man picking out the orders at our local Morrisons. I wanted to pick my order up earlier than I'd said and Id lost my receipt with the order number on it. He went above and beyond and managed to put the order together, carry it to the checkout, make conversation with me and all with a smile. During the conversation he told Me he'd been up since 6 this morning I collect my order at 7pm. I think it's important that we praise good customer service after all I'm often quick to complain. So I shall seek out the manager ASAP to let them know. tchsmile