Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(17 Posts)
12Michael Mon 26-Jan-15 06:57:37

Good Morning Everyone,
Its been frosty but now looks mild here in Brackley.
Mick

Falconbird Mon 26-Jan-15 07:12:01

Very mild here in W. Country but my American cousins are expecting 4 feet of snow today!!

ninathenana Mon 26-Jan-15 07:26:05

Morning all.

It's raining, we are currently on a coach to Stratford on Avon for 5days. It's my birthday day today and this is a little treat to myself smile

kittylester Mon 26-Jan-15 07:32:10

Good morning all!

Many happy returns nina, enjoy your break wine

It's still dark here in North Leicestershire but seems quite mild which is a good thing as the boiler didn't switch on this morning shock. It was serviced last week confused

Today I have a list of silly twiddly little things to do. Then I'm meeting friends for lunch! wine

NfkDumpling Mon 26-Jan-15 07:42:39

Happy Birthday Ninawine

Sounds like you'll be getting a well deserved day off Kitty. Enjoy!wine

The overnight rain has now stopped here and everywhere is wet and soggy. My father always maintained we get New York's weather a week later only not quite as bad. Where are your cousins Falconbird?

Kiora Mon 26-Jan-15 07:57:19

Morning Mick & all . It's cold and damp here in Kent. No frost that I can see. Yes happy birthday nina enjoy the Stratford on Avon. There's a lovely chocolate shop so give yourself another treat. Oh and lots of bargains to be had in charity shops if you like that sort of thing. Too damp for a punt on the Avon though! I hate Monday's first day of the working week and all that. Hey ho whats a poor dumpy women to do. I need the money so upwards and onwards...but reluctantly.

nannotgran Mon 26-Jan-15 08:03:07

*happy birthday nina*[flowers ]
7deg damp grey not very nice here in north essex this morning bye

nannotgran Mon 26-Jan-15 08:04:26

Sorry that didnt work

Brendawymms Mon 26-Jan-15 08:09:04

Good morning all. Happy Birthday nina
Damp but calm in East Sussex. I can hear light rain on the conservatory roof.
Charity shop today, so that gets me out of the house.

Nelliemoser Mon 26-Jan-15 08:12:25

Good morning and Happy Birthday Nina.
Grey and cloudy here in Cheshire.
Yay! an appointment with my GP of choice after 8 minutes of phoning. I missed that particular lottery prize twice last week.

ninathenana Mon 26-Jan-15 08:13:40

Thanks everyone.

daffydil Mon 26-Jan-15 09:22:26

Grey and mild in Mid Essex too. Not much on today.
Happy birthday nina flowers Enjoy Stratford on Avon. I've only been once to see the Merry Wives of Windsor starrng Judi Dench and Alistair McGowan. Lovely.

hildajenniJ Mon 26-Jan-15 10:06:03

Good morning all.
When I got up the sun was shining and there were fluffy white clouds. Now the sun has gone and heavier grey clouds have appeared. Yesterday the car started BOILING when I was on my way to visit Dad. I abandoned it at my sister's house, and OH is on his way to bring it back to the garage. It needs a new thermostat. More money!!

harrigran Mon 26-Jan-15 10:23:38

Good morning, bright and sunny here. Hope it is as nice as yesterday when the temperature reached 11 degrees.
Happy birthday nina, enjoy Stratford flowers

dustyangel Mon 26-Jan-15 10:40:35

Good morning, bright and sunny here too. if the forecast is right it is set fair for the whole week which will be lovely. sunshine

Nothing exciting planned today, just back to the health center where hopefully the rest of my stiches will be ready to come out.

Happy Birthday Nina flowers enjoy your break.

annodomini Mon 26-Jan-15 10:45:53

Good morning from NE Cheshire. Very calm and still dry, not doing anything much! Having coughed all night, I decided that three weeks was quite long enough. Called surgery at 8am; triage doctor rang back and gave me an appointment for 9am. Back home with antibiotic by 9.20. Well done, the NHS!

J52 Mon 26-Jan-15 12:58:00

Belated good morning and happy birthday Nina. Enjoy your trip.

I have been painting the sitting room since early. I would normally get someone in, as it is a room with lots of ins and outs, but last time I was not entirely happy with the decorator and he was very slow.
I'm doing it in two halves, one coat on first half, so far! That's my week sorted! x