Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(15 Posts)
12Michael Thu 05-Mar-15 06:41:41

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another bright clear start here in Brackley, heard dawn chorus around 5am and light just after 6.
Mick

annsixty Thu 05-Mar-15 07:10:55

Good morning Michael and all.
Just cloudy but at least dry here in Stockport.
My unusually early start is because my cleaning ladies will be here before 8.30 and I do at least like to be dressed when they arrive.

kittylester Thu 05-Mar-15 07:29:58

Good morning all!

Looking promising in North Leicestershire!

Sainsbury's and ironing today - be still my beating heart!

How was your course Ann?

Enjoy your Thursdays everyone! sunshine

PRINTMISS Thu 05-Mar-15 07:49:59

Good morning all, another nice morning here and again cold, but it does warm up during the day, and we have had a really lovely week for this time of year. The spring bulbs have really taken off. Might play short mat bowls, might not, depends on the other half, otherwise it is housework and Sainsbury delivery, like you kitty I can hardly contain myself. Enjoy your days.

baubles Thu 05-Mar-15 08:09:15

Morning all. It's a bit dreich here, what a change from yesterday. I'm off to my life drawing class today. I'll have to dress in layers as the room is kept very warm for the sake of the model. smile

ninathenana Thu 05-Mar-15 08:17:14

Morning all.
Another sunny day it does put a smile on your face.
I spent 4hrs in minor injuries and x-ray with DD yesterday after she slipped getting out of the bath. She has dodgy knee and ankles anyway and is now on crutches, nothing broken thank heavens.
So a quiet day today I hope.

Lona Thu 05-Mar-15 08:23:07

Morning all! It's a dull start and a bit chilly here and I think rain is forecast :-(
Little dgd is coming again shortly, and I'm beginning to feel the strain. She is no trouble and quite delightful company, but it certainly makes me feel my age.
I love her to bits though!

Enjoy your day everyone sunshine

ginny Thu 05-Mar-15 08:23:20

Good morning all.

Bright but chilly start here in N. Bucks this morning.

Glad your DD didn't do too much harm ninathenana

Cakes to make today along with a few other jobs. I have a friend coming to visit this afternoon. Off to my sewing group this evening.

hildajenniJ Thu 05-Mar-15 08:32:26

Good morning everyone.
It is cold, grey and breezy in Northumberland today. Just the kind of day for hibernation. Sleep wouldn't come last night, so I've gone back to bed, and don't plan to be up again until lunch time!moon

Galen Thu 05-Mar-15 08:44:21

Sun starting to come through

nannotgran Thu 05-Mar-15 08:47:33

Another lovely morning in north essex sunshine and blue skies Tescos this morning on our little comunity bus oh what joy have a nice day

annsixty Thu 05-Mar-15 08:59:12

Have pm'd you kitty

daffydil Thu 05-Mar-15 09:17:29

Lovely morning here in mid Essex too.
Yes, keep us updated on your course ann. I would be interested to know more.
Good day everyone.

annsixty Thu 05-Mar-15 09:35:10

Thank you daffydil I really didn't want to bore people. The course is 5 weeks long and the leader has been very good at explaining the changes that take place in the brain of people affected with the various types of dementia and why they behave and react in the way that they do. What he hasn't been able to do so far is tell us from where we can find the patience to cope with it 18 hours a day. The last week is legal and financial which should be very enlightening for anyone faced with full time care issues.

Brendawymms Thu 05-Mar-15 10:55:36

Good evening all from between Japan and South Korea.

Weather bright but cold today. I bought three cheap kimonos. A real bargain. New are in the first of two South Korea ports tomorrow.