Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(11 Posts)
12Michael Sun 05-Jul-15 06:12:20

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a bit cloudy but dry here in Brackley this morning, the sky itself in the next few hours will be buzzing with helicopters going to and fro from Silverstone Circuit taking them in and out.
Mick

NfkDumpling Sun 05-Jul-15 07:16:56

Morning Mick, morning All

Hot and sunny here today again.

We got back late on Friday from our sojourn near Flamborough (cool winds kept the temperatures well down there) to find it had got so hot in our conservatory there was a pool of brown stuff on the floor beneath the battered 'antique' coffee table - melted wax from the table - and a picture smashed on the floor - the string holding it had melted!! It was like an oven!

Now about to do as little ironing as possible before it gets too hot. Then look up and cost solid roofs for conservatories!

Have a good day Everybody. sunshine

NfkDumpling Sun 05-Jul-15 07:31:12

Just looked up Brackley, Mick. Had no idea where it was - foreign parts for me! You really are very near Siverstone aren't you! Must get quite busy sometimes!

daffydil Sun 05-Jul-15 07:39:48

Good morning everyone.
Cloudy here in mid Essex and pretty warm but haven't put my head outside yet. It was much cooler during the night thank goodness.
Enjoy your Sunday whatever you are planning. roastchickenwine

Nanato5 Sun 05-Jul-15 08:26:59

Good morning.
Raining hard here on the High Weald. The plants are happy.

Stansgran Sun 05-Jul-15 08:49:32

Fine day in Durham. Hope it stays. DHwrecking working in the garden today.

ninathenana Sun 05-Jul-15 09:21:05

Morning all.
DH is delighted that it started raining quiet heavily about an hour ago "the garden needs it". I've just heard a distant rumble.So glad he's happy hmm

Pittcity Sun 05-Jul-15 09:57:40

Good morning from a rainy Colchester. Had a very hot day in DD1s garden celebrating her birthday yesterday so a lie in was necessary this morning!

hildajenniJ Sun 05-Jul-15 09:59:39

Good morning everyone.
Sunny start to the day, but lots of grey clouds building up. How long it will stay fine I do not know. New washing machine arriving this afternoon. Yipee, à new toy to play with, and no more trips to the launderette.

nannotgran Sun 05-Jul-15 11:46:07

Late this morning.We have had a very very heavy down pour and its still raining in north essex

ffinnochio Sun 05-Jul-15 12:20:46

Lots of thunder last night. Still waiting for some rain!