Gransnet forums

Chat

Royal Christening

(93 Posts)
Alea Sun 05-Jul-15 18:32:00

How cute was little Prince George after they came out of the church? Going for his own little walkabout because "this is *boring, Mummy" and then getting Daddy to carry him home. Oh I am a sentimental old softie!

merlotgran Sun 05-Jul-15 19:31:00

Lovely pics

Prince George is certainly a scene stealer.

Ana Sun 05-Jul-15 19:41:10

Yes, he's a cutie - but that outfit...confused

The top looked more like a blouse than a shirt, and the shorts looked too big - good job I'm not his granny! grin

merlotgran Sun 05-Jul-15 19:44:07

I can't understand why they keep wanting him to look like William did at that age. Dressing him in identical outfits is weird.

They did the same at Trooping the Colour hmm

Tegan Sun 05-Jul-15 19:48:23

They tend to get their baby clothes from small companies I believe who do very well out of it and sell loads of them to all parts of the world.

Tegan Sun 05-Jul-15 19:50:03

Both Christening gowns were made at a place just outside Beeston [according to the S.O.].

merlotgran Sun 05-Jul-15 20:12:38

Apparently the romper suit was designed by Rachel Riley.

#shouldsticktocountdown.

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 05-Jul-15 20:20:09

I think he could be looking a bit more up-to-date now. A nice check shirt outside his shorts. They can't keep dressing him like that. hmm And that pram was ridiculous! She looked like she was in some sort of retro parade marking the end of the war. And as for the nanny's uniform. Anyone see the thick tights?! And the silly hat. Why?!

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 05-Jul-15 20:21:44

I think Kate might be wallowing in "royal-ness". hmm

thatbags Sun 05-Jul-15 20:24:49

I thought little George looked sweet. Nothing wrong woth a bit of retro if it's what you fancy. It doesn't matter what he wears.

Mind you, I suppose that's one of the reasons we have a royal family, so we can talk about their clothes.

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 05-Jul-15 20:27:44

And Kate could have worn something slightly less virginal.

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 05-Jul-15 20:29:08

His blouse (you couldn't call it a shirt) was too baggy. Baggier than his father's one at that age.

TriciaF Sun 05-Jul-15 20:33:28

Lovely pictures smile
Whatevever goes wrong in the world outside the Queen, bless her, seems to be able to keep her dignity. And Phillip at 94!
The French love these royal family photos, even though they haven't had a monarchy for centuries.

Alea Sun 05-Jul-15 20:33:40

Norland Nannies have to wear that a full brown uniform including the pork pie hat, beige tights, white gloves and sensible shoes if out in public!

Ana Sun 05-Jul-15 20:36:24

I actually thought the Queen's outfit was lovely! Am I getting old...?grin

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 05-Jul-15 20:36:50

Oh, is she a Norland? I suppose she would be. Was that Tiggy one of those? Did she wear that stuff?

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 05-Jul-15 20:37:58

oh, the Queen looked lovely. And so happy. Bless her. smile

merlotgran Sun 05-Jul-15 20:39:38

I love Carole Middleton's coat.

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 05-Jul-15 20:44:52

I think the baby is going to take after her maternal grandmother. Got that slightly swarthy look. shock

Maggiemaybe Sun 05-Jul-15 20:50:41

Oh dear, I'm definitely getting old. I've taken on the "Aren't they all wonderful and don't they all look lovely?"mantle that once belonged to my MIL. My own Durham miner stock DP would have been wishing them all in Hell.

Ana Sun 05-Jul-15 20:51:51

How horrible of her! hmm

Ana Sun 05-Jul-15 20:52:20

Or him...

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 05-Jul-15 20:52:43

I like them. But you have to be honest don't you? Kate usually does so well.

pinkprincess Sun 05-Jul-15 20:57:01

I wheeled my DS1 to his christening in a Marmet coachbuilt pram in February 1970. It was a freezing cold day and he was lovely and warm wrapped up in the pram.I did not wear all white though, I was not ''elegant''at all!.
I think the retro suit Prince George wore was only for the christening photos.I wonder if he kept still in the church?. When my DS2 was christened DS1 could not keep still, he ran round the church all the time and DS2 screamed his head off, I think he must hold the record for the baby who cried the most during their baptism.

Maggiemaybe Sun 05-Jul-15 21:00:18

Both, Ana. Lovely people but very firm in their anti-monarchist beliefs. I'm the black sheep of the family!