Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(19 Posts)
12Michael Tue 01-Sep-15 06:55:07

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still throwing it down with rain here in Brackley this morning.
Mick

nannotgran Tue 01-Sep-15 07:21:21

Really nice morning in north essex NO rainYET
Enjoy your day

NfkDumpling Tue 01-Sep-15 07:25:26

Oh dear Mick, that probably means it's heading our way! I'd better get the washing out quick - it's a beautiful morning here. The Agricutural Show was rather a washout yesterday - even the children's sack race was cancelled - and this morning the sun is shining. (we didn't go - they'd forgotten little un's cover all suit)

Meeting an old friend for lunch today. Looking forward to it as we don't see each other often.

Have a lovely day Everyone!

Indinana Tue 01-Sep-15 07:36:05

Morning all.
It is lovely here in Devon this morning, blue sky and sunshine sunshine.
Nothing planned today, but think I'll try to get a hairdressers appointment for this afternoon as o desperately need a cut!

ninathenana Tue 01-Sep-15 07:38:33

Morning all.
Well I glimpsed the sun before I got in the shower but by the time I'd left the bathroom it had gone sad It's now very dreary.
Will DH get to do his gardening job at 10 hmmm......

PRINTMISS Tue 01-Sep-15 07:40:48

White Rabbits! and good morning to you all. A fine morning here, well it would be wouldn't it the bank holiday is over, the children are due back at school soon, and so it goes on! Today I am playing bowls for the partial sighted and blind group - I usually just go along to help, but today they are desperate for players, they must be because I do not really play on grass, however, I shall just go and do my best. The trouble is although they can't see, they are all really good players. Anyway. enjoy your days everyone.

cornergran Tue 01-Sep-15 07:54:56

Good morning everyone. Blue sky, sunshine with just a few clouds in this part of the SW. Chilly though. Have a good day, whatever you do.

Pittcity Tue 01-Sep-15 08:12:23

Good morning September from Colchester. Sun is trying to peep out from behind light grey clouds. Showers forecast again today and temperature starting to drop. Time to start hunting for the new winter boots I need.

hildajenniJ Tue 01-Sep-15 08:32:41

Good morning everyone.
We have blue sky, white clouds and sunshine in Tynedale this morning. Let's hope it lasts all day. The air feels cooler, and things are definitely more Autumnal. Nothing planned for today, which is just as well as I feel a bit dizzy, it's probably sleep deprivation, I think a nap is called for.
Have a lovely day all.

annsixty Tue 01-Sep-15 08:35:39

Good morning all.
A bright and sunny morning here in Stockport after the misery which was yesterday. I am feeling much brighter today as I unexpectectedly have an "honorary" GD here for the day. She is just 11 and keeps me on my toes.

ginny Tue 01-Sep-15 08:37:50

Good morning from a very wet N. Bucks.

Collecting DGS this morning after I have enjoyed an hour or so in my favourite patchwork shop. Hoping to buy fabric for a quilt for our new DGC due in February.

daffydil Tue 01-Sep-15 09:01:03

Good morning everyone.
Raining in this part of Essex and solid cloud so it looks as if it is going to persist for a while.
Routine hospital appointment this afternoon hmm.I see the consultant every four months for this particular problem so chose to go private. The hospital is 5 minutes drive away, I can choose a time to suit and there is no hanging about. I have every faith in the NHS but find our big hospital with its row of shops in the atrium, and the nightmare of finding a parking space a bit daunting.

Bellasnana Tue 01-Sep-15 09:08:35

Good morning all. Mixture of clouds and a bit of blue sky here in SE Kent. Think it might rain.

Going with my sister today to keep her company while she has her chemo.

Hope you all have a lovely day sunshine

Lona Tue 01-Sep-15 09:42:02

Good morning all.
Brightish here, but rain is forecast later. I love September when the sun shines so I hope it improves.
Having a low, what's the point of anything sort of day so far. Someone kick me up the rear please!

annsixty Tue 01-Sep-15 09:58:57

Lona consider yourself kicked!! I had that sort of day yesterday and felt dreadful all day. Like you I really couldn't see any joy at all but it has lifted today and I hope the same for you flowers

daffydil Tue 01-Sep-15 10:02:21

Lona Sorry you are having a rotten day. I know from experience that a kick up the rear doesn't help - just indulge to yourself and maybe browse around GN. brew and cupcake if it helps.

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 01-Sep-15 10:14:22

You're not on your own with that Lona. It's getting to be a habit round here. hmm I so need an afternoon or three spent reading and eating cherries in the garden. That might do the trick for a while.

kittylester Tue 01-Sep-15 10:19:50

Good morning all from North Leicestershire.

The sun is out now (but for how long?) after rain on and off all night. Nothing exciting going on here this morning so I'd better do some admin stuff I suppose. But, this afternoon a lovely friend is taking me out for tea and cake - how nice is that? cupcake

Have an indulgent day Lona - eat chocolate, read trashy magazines, do some internet shopping but no wine until it's 6pm (somewhere).

Lona Tue 01-Sep-15 10:31:52

Thanks for the boost, I'm blaming it on yesterday's rain. Cherries and cake sounds good!