Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(17 Posts)
12Michael Sat 05-Sep-15 06:26:59

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey and its been wet start here in Brackley this morning, glad to be back on, we had a BT bloke who came on Tuesday whilst I was out to try and set up a wi fi system in the community lounge where I am , my own connection leads in the boxes which carry the lines were not replaced in 2 locations checked, hence no show, I also got onto BT allot explaining what I had and described it to them on my mobile in text format but back , only hope it does not happen again.
Mick

thatbags Sat 05-Sep-15 06:54:24

Morning, Mick! Glad it was 'only' a BT blip and that you're back with us!

Morning, everyone! 'Twas a "loch on fire" morning here at half past six.

loopylou Sat 05-Sep-15 07:01:26

Good morning Mick, hopefully you're sorted now!
thatbags, what a fabulous sunrise!

Hope you have a great weekend, and sunshine, off Yorkshire next week and praying it'll be dry so can do lots of walking grin without being clad in wet weather gear for a change!

hildajenniJ Sat 05-Sep-15 07:41:26

Good morning Mick and everyone.
We have a sunny start in Tynedale this morning. It could turn out to be an interesting day! If anything should happen, of an unusual nature, I will let you all know on another thread. hmm

PRINTMISS Sat 05-Sep-15 07:43:20

Good morning to you all, and hello Mick, glad you are o.k. We have a dull morning here, and had hoped to have lunch with our friends tomorrow, but heard last night that he has been admitted to hospital, so we have had to cancel that. Today we are playing bowls in a competition, not sure I am fit enough but the company is good. Enjoy your days.

ninathenana Sat 05-Sep-15 08:00:47

Morning all
Welcome back Mick, technology is a wonderful thing, when it works isn't it smile
thatbags beautiful picture, thanks for sharing.hildajen I'm intrigued smile.
Grey and very still here in N Kent. Not a leaf is moving.

Pittcity Sat 05-Sep-15 08:07:12

Good morning from an autumnal Colchester. Due to stay dry this weekend, which is good.

Wifi, sunrises and mystery, this thread has it all......

Indinana Sat 05-Sep-15 08:09:14

Morning Mick and everyone else. Glad it was only an IT problem Mick!

Bit of a grey and drizzly start here today. Hope it brightens up as we're meeting some old friends for lunch in Paignton today. We've known them since the early 70's when we all lived on a new estate and our families were all young, but we haven't seem them for around 14 years since they moved to Spain. They're on a very brief visit to the UK for their grandson's passing out ceremony with the Police, and have so many people to see, so it'll be only a short get together, but good to see them nonetheless.
Have a lovely weekend everyone - hildajen I too am intrigued and shall be watching for your 'other thread' smile

annsixty Sat 05-Sep-15 08:24:59

Good morning all.
Traces of blue in an otherwise cloudy sky and the CH came on at 6:30 so chilly. GD coming this lunchtime to tell us of her first few days at 6 th form college. She is not academically gifted, bless her, so we hope she finds her niche.

cornergran Sat 05-Sep-15 08:26:24

Good morning Everyone. Pleased only a BT issue Mick, frustrating for you though it was. The sun of an hour ago is no longer visible. Weather forecast promising sun tomorrow. Hmm. Don't they know tomorrow never comes ? Catch up day today so best get on with it.

NfkDumpling Sat 05-Sep-15 08:29:40

Morning Mick, morning All

Glad you're back Mick. I hope you told BT all of Gransnet were waiting to hear from you!

I just sat listening to the weather forecaster saying it would be a fine day with maybe an occasional shower on the eastern coast. I was looking out at a grey morning with a steady drizzle. Humph!

There is now a small patch of blue so I'm hopeful the day will improve.

Definitely autumn now.

Happy Saturday Everyone.

kittylester Sat 05-Sep-15 08:30:33

Good morning all! Morning Mick, glad you are ok but please stop doing that to us!

It is bright but cloudy here in North Leicestershire and the forecast is looking fair. Wish we had such fabulous sunrises bags. Hilda, please keep us posted!

Enjoy your Saturdays! sunshine

baubles Sat 05-Sep-15 08:59:27

Morning Mick glad to see you back online.

Beautiful sunny morning here and we're off to a family wedding this afternoon.

harrigran Sat 05-Sep-15 09:17:54

Good morning, uniform grey here after overnight rain. DH are going out for lunch, giving ourselves a day off after a busy week.
My neighbour is on holiday in the Hebrides and has rung to say that DH is in HDU in Stornoway, she was supposed to be home today but now does not know when she will return. It is a very long drive home.

ginny Sat 05-Sep-15 09:52:20

Morning all. Hi Mick glad you are back.

Very damp at the moment in N. Bucks. Hope it dries up later as I'd like to do some tidying in the garden.

feeling rather chilly at the moment so off to collect my cardie'.

nannotgran Sat 05-Sep-15 10:59:12

Late this morning from north essex very cold and it has already rained.but at momen it not too bad sun is shining

dustyangel Sat 05-Sep-15 11:29:02

Good morning all. Glad that you are ok Mick
A bit overcast today but the sun is doing it's best to burn off the cloud.

Most of the family have gone to the Saturday market. Then we will be going out to an early lunch as DGD and he boyfriend go back to UK this afternoon.
She is lying outside in a bikini trying to catch some last rays. hmm