Gransnet forums

Chat

Shoes

(79 Posts)
Tizliz Fri 22-Apr-16 13:00:14

Having just been tempted to purchase a new pair of shoes, much to my OH's bewilderment , I wondered how many pairs of shoes other people have. Don't think I will confess until I see if others are as bad. How many pairs to you have and how many do you actually wear?

hildajenniJ Fri 22-Apr-16 13:05:03

Five pairs of shoes and two pairs of sandals. I wear them all!

BBbevan Fri 22-Apr-16 13:17:19

I have 12 pairs of shoes which include sandals. 3 pairs I never wear ( just in case shoes). 3 pairs of Josef Siebel winter and wet day shoes that last forever. 4 pairs sandals. The rest I wear occasionally. I hate buying shoes and hate sore, hot feet.
Hence when I find comfort I stick with it. Also I like ' clumpy' shoes.

hildajenniJ Fri 22-Apr-16 13:34:07

I forgot to mention that I also have one pair of Rieker boots which I also wear regularly. smile

Teetime Fri 22-Apr-16 13:37:35

22 pairs of shoes and sandals
2 pairs long boots
2 pairs ankle boots
2 pairs golf shoes
I pair trainers

I wear them all and will be buying a couple of pairs of new ones soon

tanith Fri 22-Apr-16 14:33:03

9prs of shoes
5prs sandals
1pr long boots
2prs ankle boots
1pr walking/waterproof shoes
2prs trainer/walking shoes

A couple of the shoes are 'going out' shoes but otherwise I wear them all depending on the weather or season. I usually buy one pair of new sandals each year and either a new pair of boots or shoes in Winter.

ninathenana Fri 22-Apr-16 14:37:56

Due to wide feet I don't have as many pairs as I would like smile
2 pairs shoes
3 pairs sandals
2 pairs Birkenstocks
1 pair sparkly evening sandals
1 pair ankle boots
1 pair trainers

Tizliz Fri 22-Apr-16 15:34:02

I don't think I have as many as Teetime but I will have to go and count them.

MiniMouse Fri 22-Apr-16 15:39:59

I'd need a calculator blush

mollie Fri 22-Apr-16 15:43:57

Not many, mainly because I've just radically decluttered...

1 pair of shoes
I pair of sandals
2 pairs of trainers

Greyduster Fri 22-Apr-16 16:24:39

Not many in the great scheme of things:
Four pairs of shoes
Two pairs of ankle boots
One pair of dressy sandals
One pair of walking sandals
Two pairs of trainers
One pair of walking shoes
One pair of walking boots
One pair of wellingtons
One pair of wading boots for use with waders.

numberplease Fri 22-Apr-16 17:17:37

6 pairs of sandals
4 pairs of shoes, but I can`t weqr shoes anymore, so lie unworn in cupboard.
1 pair of snowboots

Jayh Fri 22-Apr-16 17:18:55

My husband does not understand why anyone needs more than one pair of shoes. I steel myself for the eye rolling and comments every time I am packing for a weekend away. I always need at least four pairs not counting walking boots and wellies.

NotTooOld Fri 22-Apr-16 17:55:43

Well, I'm not saying, but some of my many, many pairs of footwear are very old, some as old as 20 years, I should think. This is because, apart from trainers, I never seem to wear them out. I do occasionally go through and chuck out a few pairs but only because they are uncomfortable, never because they are worn out.

Jayh - yes, that eye rolling. So annoying, isn't it?

janeainsworth Fri 22-Apr-16 18:00:26

I'm somewhere on the Imelda Marcos spectrum blushgrin

janeainsworth Fri 22-Apr-16 18:02:56

I'm not as bad as you though jayh.
We are away for a few days and I have brought only one pair of smart boots, my trainers and my slippers smile

Marmight Fri 22-Apr-16 18:57:04

..... and very cosy slippers they are too janea grin

lefthanded Fri 22-Apr-16 19:12:21

And from the male perspective:

2 pairs Doc Martens brogues (one brown, one black)
2 pairs walking boots (so that if one pair get really muddy I can wear the other pair while the first pair dries off)
1 pair boat shoes
1 pair Crocs.

And I wear them all regularly except the Crocs (which I never really liked - my wife insisted on buying them for me).

pompa Fri 22-Apr-16 19:56:25

I have to admit to having a lot of shoes/boots

2 Brown leather
Black leather
Black Ballroom shoes
10 pairs trainers
3 pairs walking boots
Wellies
Waders
various casual shoes

And I have probably forgotten some.

cornergran Fri 22-Apr-16 23:32:58

Blimey, I think I have more than any detailed here - 35+ pairs of shoes; 10+ pairs of sandals, 4 pairs of trainers, 4 pairs of boots plus garden shoes and flip flops. I have difficult feet so tend to buy what's comfortable. I love my shoes - and handbags - my ever reasonable DH is un-fazed by additions to my collection. I throw away/pass on when it seems excessive or I decide they are no longer useful or comfortable. Feeling quite blush now., but I do wear them all.

cornergran Sat 23-Apr-16 06:43:30

Forgot the shoes I wear for slippers - winter and summer - evening shoes and sandals and snow boots. There are also the ones in the loft in case I decide to wear them again. Have had most for many years, as others have said they don't wear out. I like my shoes but really do need a clear out grin

NfkDumpling Sat 23-Apr-16 06:54:57

How many? Far more than I need. Mostly bought for comfort, but I do have three pairs of sandals which are pristine as I can't walk in them and for pairs of 'going out' shoes - ditto. I have a bunion growing on my left foot which is seriously curtailing shoe purchase activity.

cornergran Sat 23-Apr-16 07:11:30

Aren't bunions a major nuisance? Have had them since a child, family thing, nothing to do with shoes. Had one operated on so now I have 'odd' feet - or should I say odder feet! Think that's partly why I don't like to let go of any shoes that fit. Some are 20+ years old. Maybe a museum would be interested! smile

kittylester Sat 23-Apr-16 08:07:12

4 pairs of boots
5 pairs of flat shoes
2 pairs 'evening shoe's
3 pairs of trainers/plimmies
Crocs for the garden
4 pairs of sandals
3 pairs of slippers

I'm obviously slacking!!

glammanana Sat 23-Apr-16 08:47:53

4 pairs of black boots
2 pairs brown boots
16 pairs everyday shoes (mainly flats or small heel)
5 special occasion heels
6 sandals with various heel sizes.
Croc's
Red wellies
2 trainers
I will need to buy some more special occasion shoes for the wedding in June and will need a new pair of ballerina's for travelling in as most of my flats are darker colours.