Chat

It's May on Sunday.......!

(18 Posts)
Katek Fri 29-Apr-16 13:22:22

Says it all really.

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 29-Apr-16 13:26:45

Yep! It's making the year go past without being able to appreciate it. IYSWIM

merlotgran Fri 29-Apr-16 13:31:43

Tried to put some plants in today and gave up. Such hard work when the ground is soggy.

Katek Fri 29-Apr-16 13:32:08

Oh I do, Jings, I do!! Just had massive thunderstorm and mega hailstones up here as well. Perhaps my granny's totally non pc fur coat currently languishing in the loft
might come in useful at this rate.

hildajenniJ Fri 29-Apr-16 14:30:56

It's cold!! We have snow all around on the hills, it's raining here though. Thank goodness for the log burner. Yes it's May on Sunday, and only seven days until DH has his 65th birthday.

Teetime Fri 29-Apr-16 14:31:28

A friend who lives in Wensleydale where we used to live sent me a phot of the snow up there- complete white out. Another friend says she can remember it like that at the end of May- we certainly still had snow in May up there but higher up in Swaledale. Here in the balmy East Midlands is 4 degrees and peeing down again.

Teetime Fri 29-Apr-16 14:32:07

I have bought some fake tan as I go on holiday in 2 weeks and I am mauve!

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 29-Apr-16 14:48:20

I love Wensleydale. Might even like it in the snow in a snug cottage with a Woodburner. Sometimes I think we get quite boring weather down here.

Greyduster Fri 29-Apr-16 15:36:09

We went to put some plants in our garden yesterday and it started to rain, so I gave up and came in. DH stayed out and it stopped raining - and started snowing, but he muddled on and came in looking like the man in the picture!! I love May. Warmer days bring the anticipation of some good river fishing. It doesn't always work out like that though. What do they say? In like a lion, out like a lamb?

midgey Fri 29-Apr-16 15:41:04

Grey duster that is March!

grannyactivist Fri 29-Apr-16 15:48:31

My daughter was born in mid-May 1976, in Germany. At my last ante-natal class, which I think was probably the last week in April or first week in May, it snowed. There was beautiful pink blossom on the trees with a couple of inches of snow sitting on the top. We then went on to have an amazing heatwave that summer.

Greyduster Fri 29-Apr-16 15:54:18

Oops! smile

Juggernaut Fri 29-Apr-16 15:55:19

Had to scrape the hail and snow off the windscreen this morning at 7-00, not remotely impressed!

M0nica Fri 29-Apr-16 16:31:18

I was thinking of celebrating May Day by lighting a roaring fire and cuddling up in front of it with a cosy throw, a cup of tea and a good book!!!

numberplease Fri 29-Apr-16 16:49:07

I remember it snowing one time in June, many years ago, I was about 9. My mother went racing out to bring the washing off the line, shouting, "it`s bl---y June for heaven`s sake!"
GrannyA, I remember that heatwave of 1976, we worked and suffered through it all summer, because our holiday was booked for September. We went to Bigbury-on-Sea in Devon, had 3 beautiful days.........then it rained, and boy, did it RAIN!!

wot Fri 29-Apr-16 16:49:26

Kaytek, ???

Katek Fri 29-Apr-16 16:53:50

Teetime-think your mauve colour is perhaps a couple of degrees warmer than our skimmed milk blue shade!

Nelliemoser Sat 30-Apr-16 10:28:32

Why did it only snow on my lawn on Thursday morning, what have I ever done to the weather?